23 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It was a red (or yellow) card. The referee missed it. VAR spotted it. 

I think this is it

If the referee had seen it and booked the Calvert Lewin, I don't think it would have been upgraded. As the ref 'didn't see it', he's almost always gonna go with what VAR say, rightly or wrongly

Edited by lenny3k

12 minutes ago, Fa1833 said:

True VAR did do its job in flagging up a potential RED card stud incident indeed but the Michael Fish ref whose job it is too make decisions based on the build up of play fouls etc, isn’t it his job to track the ball’s movements so to speak like a boxing ref does with every punch or illegal elbow, that VAR ref as you have rightly said has seen a two footed challenge it’s up to the referee on the pitch to say no foul as it was minimal contact yellow card for studs shown regardless? 

Referees don't see everything.

The referee does have the power to go with VAR or not. There have been a few instances where the referee has stuck with his decision. 

2 minutes ago, lenny3k said:

I think this is it

If the referee had seen it and booked the Calvert Lewin, I don't think it would have been upgraded. As the ref 'didn't see it', he's almost always gonna go with what VAR say, rightly or wrongly

Then let’s scrap the Refs on the pitch and just use VAR there is already 10 mins more time added with all this stoppage etc 🤣🤣

Just now, compo said:

Watched the Everton match and it wasn't even a booking 

@compo thinks it's not even a booking; @Fa1833 thinks it's a yellow; I think it's a red. 

But it's VAR's fault because it doesn't agree with you? 

Come on...

1 minute ago, Fa1833 said:

Then let’s scrap the Refs on the pitch and just use VAR there is already 10 mins more time added with all this stoppage etc 🤣🤣

The extra time is not just for VAR; it's for all time wasting. That was the directive announced at the start of the season. 

Your argument is all over the place. 

1 minute ago, compo said:

Watched the Everton match and it wasn't even a booking 

I seen the commentary and they said it was the lightest of touches soon as he seen the tackle going in he retracted his leg, it was the player going to ground like a Jessie bell that made it 100x worse so yet again are managers saying to players use VAR to your advantage? Gone the day Arsen and Alex were moaning for it to be added in football, considered as elite managers now the other managers are questioning VAR they wanted in football matches, madness total utter madness I tell you. 

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

@compo thinks it's not even a booking; @Fa1833 thinks it's a yellow; I think it's a red. 

But it's VAR's fault because it doesn't agree with you? 

Come on...

I’m Blaming Michael fish he is supposed to be the one in the thick of it watching the ball in the build up to a potential goal what was he watching 🤣🤣

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

The extra time is not just for VAR; it's for all time wasting. That was the directive announced at the start of the season. 

Your argument is all over the place. 

It is I apologise,  that’s my medication and VAR in general can’t have it both ways I suppose, Michael fish the ref should of seen the “foul” and acted accordingly but he didn’t he left it to the machine to decide and then the machine Slowed down the speed of play to show a soft tackle look like a Red card. 

also the ref said he didn’t see it come on man ! Watch this video and tell me category he didn’t see it 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/67889013

the game is gone indeed if that is the way Michael Fishes or Gollums decide to Ref games 

Edited by Fa1833

16 hours ago, Bill said:

However you spin this, the objective of VAR is to deliver correct and factual decision making on a consistent basis. That's clearly not happening. If VAR depends on the impartiality and fairness of officials then it's probably a waste of time in Scotland. The stain of bigotry and corruption permeates everything in Scottish football and it will never fulfil its mission unless it is taken out of the hands of our domestic officials. Ergo, something is very wrong with VAR.

VAR has given us penalties against Hearts, Livingston, Aberdeen and Dundee this season when the ref missed the incidents (and maybe more, that's all I can remember).

It's got its faults but it's hardly a waste of time. It generally does pick up referee's errors, deliberate or otherwise, and generally works in our favour when refs in general are so pro-Celtic. They can't get away with all the stuff that they did before VAR was introduced and that's why Celtic are so against it.

There's obviously a human aspect involved and it's never going to be perfect but things are a lot better than they were before its introduction.