20,000 MyGers members on the ST waiting list

Over 20,000 MyGers members are on the season ticket waiting list, and the club will continue to explore options to maximise the number of tickets available to Rangers supporters both home and away."

Although our stadium is far superior, it annoys me that we are around 10,000 down on capacity in comparison to that lot. Over 5 seasons that is a significant amount of money.

The screens were a good idea at the time, but the "beamback" idea fell flat on its arse and I can't even recall the last time that feature was used. It would've been better to have filled the corners in because the screens really don't provide any income now.

I really feel like we need to find ways to increase the capacity otherwise we'll continue to be left behind financially. Presumably the beamback thing is dead now we have NEH as a venue to show away games to a large group of supporters.

3 hours ago, crmpicco said:

Although our stadium is far superior, it annoys me that we are around 10,000 down on capacity in comparison to that lot. Over 5 seasons that is a significant amount of money.

The screens were a good idea at the time, but the "beamback" idea fell flat on its arse and I can't even recall the last time that feature was used. It would've been better to have filled the corners in because the screens really don't provide any income now.

I really feel like we need to find ways to increase the capacity otherwise we'll continue to be left behind financially. Presumably the beamback thing is dead now we have NEH as a venue to show away games to a large group of supporters.

If I can add to your post, what is this Rangers TV all about charging people £240 a year for a subscription. I know for a fact if they were to add the price for MyGers also I’d consider buying both or even a monthly subscription if it was under one umbrella, I’d happily pay £15 a month for a membership but the fact it’s here there and everywhere is just a pain , i guarantee far more MyGers will come forward if it’s a better package for both MyGers and RTV 

Edited by Fa1833

4 hours ago, crmpicco said:

I really feel like we need to find ways to increase the capacity

The board have been looking into this for some time, hence the occasional small increases here and there. 

The cost of any significant increases would obviously be hugely significant, which is why it's probably unlikely in the short-medium term. 

9 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

We were previously told that we couldn't get rid of the screens for structural reasons, I think. 

When we're not generating enough cash to cover our annual costs each year. a significant redevelopment of the stadium appears a pipedream. 

True, perhaps a Bassey type sale and a run in the CL in future changes that

29 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The board have been looking into this for some time, hence the occasional small increases here and there. 

The cost of any significant increases would obviously be hugely significant, which is why it's probably unlikely in the short-medium term. 

Cut the price of Rangers TV and add it with  MyGers I’d happily pay £15 a month for both but not separate, Get rid of the flatscreens probably costing a good bit on the old electric prices to have them up during the games, good old fashioned flat screen strip or new technology saying goal or no goal, no need for massive screens when we could easily upgrade the structure where these screens are. 

IMG_0881.jpegIMG_0881.thumb.jpeg.396826bb008ae1a67a620206312b47fa.jpeg

Edited by Fa1833

The cost of materials and wages have hit any stadium expansion on any kind of scale needed to increase capacity is way beyond our club now unless we get some real heavy investment from someone/somewhere 

25 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Definitely not the case. It'd cost tens of millions.

Yeah of course it will to some degree but look at the quality of players coming to Rangers who have saved us from games , Djion and Jack cost us nothing,  if I was head of recruitment and players weren’t playing European football and still young like the talent of Djion and Jack, id be pushing sign for us for 2-3 years  guaranteed to play European football and win cups and potentially league , yes we aren’t going to compete with the big dogs in prices but we can compete when there buying the latest “ top players” and leaving players like Djion sitting in the bench when we could easily have and use those players to our advantage and signed on a contract for a fraction of the price , plus we don’t need to pay large sums of money for players past there peak on loan to us for situations like Tillman to become an occasional thing within the club , How much would you say Djion is worth now compared to 4 months ago? I’d say by the end of the season easily £7-8 million if he keeps on playing the way he does, no doubt he will be sold on or goes on a free after his contract expires, especially if this is what we are doing with all the players who have come before us like  Bassey with talent , who has this actually profited not Rangers football club itself or the fans. 

Edited by Fa1833