20,000 MyGers members on the ST waiting list

11 minutes ago, compo said:

The cost of materials and wages have hit any stadium expansion on any kind of scale needed to increase capacity is way beyond our club now unless we get some real heavy investment from someone/somewhere 

Our investment is in the investment of these Billionaires who can easily spend £500m in a transfer window and leave players like Djion to rot and his talent never to be seen let’s get the recruitment drive to players of these calibres and let’s offer them what other clubs can’t and that’s European football, league winners, cup winners,  for whatever period it is,  2-3 years for a young player compared to loans etc is a risk most would take I’m guessing like Djion took look at him now. Everyone though Sir Alex Ferguson was mad to go with young talent.so yet again why aren’t we taking advantage of those who think money isn’t a factor to make there team successful and let talent go to waste. 

🤜🏼♥️🤍💙

Edited by Fa1833

14 minutes ago, Fa1833 said:

let’s get the recruitment drive to players of these calibres and let’s offer them what other clubs can’t and that’s European football, league winners, cup winners

I think that's why we have scouts and brought in the bloke from PSV.

As for players, they and their agents will generally go where the money is, rather than where the trophies are.

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think that's why we have scouts and brought in the bloke from PSV.

As for players, they and their agents will generally go where the money is, rather than where the trophies are.

Let’s hope we have more players like Jack and Dijon’s agents who want them to play football , also the other agents and players who don’t want to play for cups leagues and European football  deserve to be left in limbo, as they don’t see football for what it was intended to be for , which is for the Fans and the atmosphere it brings to those who love it, money is the route to all evil so let them enjoy it whilst it lasts, more Djion and Jack agents for me please Mr PSV guy 🤣

Edited by Fa1833

35 minutes ago, Fa1833 said:

Yeah of course it will to some degree but look at the quality of players coming to Rangers who have saved us from games , Djion and Jack cost us nothing,  if I was head of recruitment and players weren’t playing European football and still young like the talent of Djion and Jack, id be pushing sign for us for 2-3 years  guaranteed to play European football and win cups and potentially league , yes we aren’t going to compete with the big dogs in prices but we can compete when there buying the latest “ top players” and leaving players like Djion sitting in the bench when we could easily have and use those players to our advantage and signed on a contract for a fraction of the price , plus we don’t need to pay large sums of money for players past there peak on loan to us for situations like Tillman to become an occasional thing within the club , How much would you say Djion is worth now compared to 4 months ago? I’d say by the end of the season easily £7-8 million if he keeps on playing the way he does, no doubt he will be sold on or goes on a free after his contract expires, especially if this is what we are doing with all the players who have come before us like  Bassey with talent , who has this actually profited not Rangers football club itself or the fans. 

That is the current model, but it's also the model of many other clubs around Europe. 

We have had some limited success with it, but it's not that easy to do AND be successful on the park. We've also still not had a profitable year over the last 15 years. We need to aim to consistently break-even over a period of time before we can build up a reserve of cash to look at stadium expansion.

19 minutes ago, Fa1833 said:

Let’s hope we have more players like Jack and Dijon’s agents who want them to play football , 

Sterling hasn't been playing that much football. We brought him in primarily as cover for the right back position and has never looked that great there. He had one great game at left back coming on as a sub, but he has done well as a defensive midfielder, but still isn't first choice in that position. Let's hope 

As for Jack, I p[resume that you mean Butland? There's an element of risk bringing in a 30-something player who has hardly played over the last few years. Goalie is probably the easiest position to do that. We've won a watch with him, but we've been burnt in the past with bringing in similar players. I'm not sure using him as a basis of a trading model will lead to long term success.

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

Sterling hasn't been playing that much football. We brought him in primarily as cover for the right back position and has never looked that great there. He had one great game at left back coming on as a sub, but he has done well as a defensive midfielder, but still isn't first choice in that position. Let's hope 

As for Jack, I p[resume that you mean Butland? There's an element of risk bringing in a 30-something player who has hardly played over the last few years. Goalie is probably the easiest position to do that. We've won a watch with him, but we've been burnt in the past with bringing in similar players. I'm not sure using him as a basis of a trading model will lead to long term success.

No not long term indeed with super jack but I think we have a nest egg with Djion I really hope we do, if not then it’s going to open up peoples eyes especially those who want to play in Europe cup finals etc, lets hope this new guy we have brought in does the job🤜🏼♥️🤍💙

4 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Forget an increase in capacity.

Focus on an increase to prices.

How much would you say would be a reasonable amount  for a ticket £48 per game with a pie and Bovril flung in? I think they need to add MyGers and RangersTV as a package for about £15-18 a month happily pay for one but not both. 

Edited by Fa1833

1 minute ago, Fa1833 said:

How much would you say would be a reasonable amount  for a ticket £48 per game with a pie and Bovril flung in? I think they need to add MyGers and RangersTV as a package for about £15-18 a month happily pay for one but not both. 

Not sure but just keep increasing it until the waiting list is reduced.

Freebies and gimmicks are a waste of time.