4 hours ago, Bill said:

I've also noticed an increase in the numbers of young folk in the hills in recent years. I don't know if it's a response to the Covid imprisonments but I take it as a good sign anyway. Anyone who spends time among trees and mountains will instantly become a better person.

I'm not much of a drinker or pub goer. I like walking to clear my head from the week that's just gone by. Usually take a long hike amongst nature (away from people tbh) to get a different vista on things. It always works. Never fails. 

4 hours ago, Bill said:

I've also noticed an increase in the numbers of young folk in the hills in recent years. I don't know if it's a response to the Covid imprisonments but I take it as a good sign anyway. Anyone who spends time among trees and mountains will instantly become a better person.

Yes a fine pastime I did lots of walking when I was younger 

1 minute ago, compo said:

Yes a fine pastime I did lots of walking when I was younger 

Can you still ride a bike? Get one of these electric bikes, I’ve not got one but I see loads of people pretending to cycle up a side of a mountain with ease 😂 plus you get to see the beauty of the outdoors Compo. 

2 minutes ago, FDMA said:

As a young 72 yr old I still take members of a Yorkshire walking group north to play on real hills (Munro's) a few times a year!!

Superb sir, cap doffed. 

I never got into the munros over the festive period like I usually do, a batch of covid put paid to it.

13 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Superb sir, cap doffed. 

I never got into the munros over the festive period like I usually do, a batch of covid put paid to it.

Likewise DA but I have to be honest a week in bed with a stack of new books to read and films to watch was just what the doctor ordered. The weather being horrible outside only reinforced my guilt free pleasure.

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I'm not much of a drinker or pub goer. I like walking to clear my head from the week that's just gone by. Usually take a long hike amongst nature (away from people tbh) to get a different vista on things. It always works. Never fails. 

Same here mate - as long as I've gotten my "pods" on and music blasting 

In my younger days, if Rangers weren't playing, I'd go along and watch Bo'ness United or go to local games usually East Stirlinghire, Dunfermline, Hearts and on the odd occasion Hibs. This would be with my Rangers supporting mates, or with Hibs / Hearts, with my Hibs/Hearts supporting mates. 

Now, I'll still wonder down to see Bo'ness on occasion and liked taking the boys to Rangers B games when they were in the Lowland League. Wouldn't think about going to any other teams games now to be honest.

14 minutes ago, CammyF said:

as long as I've gotten my "pods" on and music blasting 

Headphones do terrible things to the lugs. I stopped using them when I was studying sound engineering and it was a good decision. 

I quite like listening to the world around me when I'm out walking.  I don't drive, so getting to remote hills is a problem but I walk all around Edinburgh.