4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Headphones do terrible things to the lugs. I stopped using them when I was studying sound engineering and it was a good decision. 

I quite like listening to the world around me when I'm out walking.  I don't drive, so getting to remote hills is a problem but I walk all around Edinburgh.  

I'm off an age where my hearing is going anyway!!! Also, 40 plus years of gigs (punk and other gernes) has already done its damage 😀

Some decent walks in and around Edinburgh. 

14 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I'm off an age where my hearing is going anyway!!!

*insert cheeky comment about CammyF listening to pish music here

Aye, the hills: Blackford, Corstorphine, Braid etc. are all great for a wander.  

Edited by Gonzo79

Any walking is clearly good for you but my earlier point wasn't about walking at all ..... but about the benefits that flow from spending time in wild places, particularly among trees and what @FDMA calls "real hills". Wandering around concrete jungles, hidden behind a barrier of loud music, is a very poor substitute.

33 minutes ago, Bill said:

Any walking is clearly good for you but my earlier point wasn't about walking at all ..... but about the benefits that flow from spending time in wild places, particularly among trees and what @FDMA calls "real hills". Wandering around concrete jungles, hidden behind a barrier of loud music, is a very poor substitute.

I don't think anyone said they walked about in concrete jungles with or without music loud or otherwise. 

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

I don't think anyone said they walked about in concrete jungles with or without music loud or otherwise. 

Thank you for pointing that out. Now you've picked up the cap and found it fits, perhaps you could put it back where you found it 😂

9 hours ago, Bill said:

Thank you for pointing that out. Now you've picked up the cap and found it fits, perhaps you could put it back where you found it 😂

You are most welcome and glad to be of service. 

The cap certainly doesn't fit me, my walks are all in the local countryside or the foreshore with or without musical accompaniment.

I'll just leave the cap where it is. 

On 15/01/2024 at 10:49, MoodyBlue1872 said:

Golf course for me.

What’s the average price these days? I just used to get my balls from the edge of the driving range as a kid🤣, then we would all go up the back end of the course and practice on the green until the guys chased us off it. 

2 hours ago, Fa1833 said:

What’s the average price these days? I just used to get my balls from the edge of the driving range as a kid🤣, then we would all go up the back end of the course and practice on the green until the guys chased us off it. 

Depends what you want the price of.  Membership fees, balls, clubs etc.

A friggin fortune basically.  We're now at £700 for a years membership.  Not long bought new clubs and that was the best part of £800 not including the putter.  That's not one of the top, top brands either.