Happy 80th Willie Henderson

I remember an end of season game when I invited a client to take his two kids and I took mine. After the game, Lorenzo Amoruso came into the box with the league trophy and was fabulous with the kids. He made sure everyone got their photo taken with him and holding the trophy (that's when I discovered just how heavy it is). He spend lots of time talking with the kids in a wee huddle. I was so grateful for his kindness, which I felt was entirely genuine. Players can do so much to create lifetime bonds between club and fans.

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

Best hospitality boxes in the stadium.

They certainly were back then - you got treated like royalty and the seating was fabulous. I haven't been recently but I had heard that they were in much need of a renovation about 5 years ago. I hope they got it.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Lorenzo Amoruso came into the box with the league trophy and was fabulous with the kids.

Amo attended some Charity function in Elgin. I wasn’t at it but those who went reported that he was exceptional in the time he gave speaking to everyone who wanted to talk to him not just the big hitters and especially courteous with the ladies. Can’t be easy when they’re all swooning and vapouring. Not that I would ever know.