Smith & Webster near return...

Steven Smith could be just a matter of weeks away from finally making his Rangers comeback.

The left-back, 22, has endured a year of frustration on the sidelines with an ongoing pelvic injury.

But successful surgery on the problem area in Germany recently means the talented youngster could eventually be on the comeback trail.

And, in a further boost for the Ibrox club, injury-jinxed defender Andy Webster, 25, could also be back in action soon.

First-team coach Kenny McDowall told Rangers News: "Andy and Stevie are working away with us and neither of them has had any reaction which is great news for us and for them.

"Stevie has been out for a long time - as has Andy -

and he has been upping the pace recently which suggests he is not that far away.

"It has been a real shame for someone at a young age when their body has not allowed them to kick on but hopefully we have now cured the problem and he can move on from here."

Meanwhile, DaMarcus Beasley will discover the extent of his injury later this week after returning to his native United States for surgery after sustaining knee ligament damage in last week's Champions League defeat to Stuttgart.

Despite being told he faces months, rather than weeks, on the sidelines, the 25-year-old winger is hoping for a reasonably quick return.

"I'm very optimistic," he said. "I recover fast. I haven't been injured too often so I'm hoping for the best."

Beasley was injured in a collision with goalkeeper Rafael Schafer but added: "It's nobody's fault - that's just what happens in football sometimes. I just got my leg caught in the challenge."

2 long term crocks but I hope we punt Webster in January when his loan is up, he is a complete waste of time

I agree with getting shot of Webster as for Smith, I'm chuffed he's nearing a full return to fitness. Fingers crossed he can stay fit and get back to playing 1st team football.

The whole Webster transfer saga makes me wonder if we actually need him. We've done well without him so what difference will he make when he's fit? Possibly to replace Weir at CB but for someone who's been out for so long you can just drop him into the defence straight away. I'd like us to bring in another CB and if WS doesn't sell Webster, show him that he'll have to fight to be 1st choice CB.

2 long term crocks but I hope we punt Webster in January when his loan is up, he is a complete waste of time

You are as regular as clockwork Victor..... :fish:

Seriously though, is good news to see Smith on the mend as we need him at LB - is glaring how short we are for LB cover.

Guest TULLYTHETRUEBLUE
You are as regular as clockwork Victor..... :fish:

Seriously though, is good news to see Smith on the mend as we need him at LB - is glaring how short we are for LB cover.

Not all is rosey in the garden with Smith

His career is 50 50

Not all is rosey in the garden with Smith

His career is 50 50

I hope when Smith does come back you will admit to posting these IMO daft posts, why would Rangers even think about saying he is a matter of a few weeks away from a comeback when his career is 50/50 as you say :confused:

If you are right then I will apologise to you but again like last time if you don't say who your source is (if you even have one) and just say the same old my word is my source then I and probably everyone else will not believe you in the slightest m8 :cheers:

You have been wrong with a few things already with your predictions and I just think you post things to start a debate (fair enough) but most of the time I don't think they are good debates......but hey that's only my opinion :cheers:

You wouldnt believe me so dont ask just take my word from the previous post

As johhnyk says... if you refuse to name your source then no-one will believe a word you say - not that I do anyway !