[FT] Benfica 2 - 2 Rangers (Lawrence 7; Sterling 45+5)

Just now, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Hopefully but we will not see Cortes again IMO and Danilo will be nowhere near fit to make a significant contribution. 

Given the amount of games we could have, we'll need at least half of them back at some point. PC will also continue his rotation. He really has no option as squad is decimated in the creative areas.

6 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I saw that. I'm sure it was just precautionary as they wouldn't want him walking around the pitch with a bad injury.

He went off injured on Saturday so must be carrying a muscle knock of some sort.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

Absolutely, but I'd add Tav to that - he was great defensively tonight. 

The whole team defended well tonight, front to back, as I said earlier a soft pen & an own goal stopped us winning 0-2 tonight.

Our manager got it spot on tonight.

Edited by ian1964

Just now, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Our away record against Portuguese teams is quite remarkable. That's 2 draws against Porto and Benfica as well as victories v Braga and Sporting over the last 2 decades. 

And it could be argued that Benfica and Porto are CL level teams. 

We continue to punch above our weight in EL. A compition that we've excelled in since the arrival of Gerrard.

Just now, CammyF said:

Given the amount of games we could have, we'll need at least half of them back at some point. PC will also continue his rotation. He really has no option as squad is decimated in the creative areas.

I think the lack of options could potentially work in our favour as he will rotate less. My big concern is Lawrence. He evidently can't play 3 games in a week so the sooner Cantwell gets back the better to bolster the no 10 options.

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

And it could be argued that Benfica and Porto are CL level teams. 

We continue to punch above our weight in EL. A compition that we've excelled in since the arrival of Gerrard.

Agree 100%. 

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Random observation but I thought Butlands distribution was poor tonight. Both throwing and kicking. 

And he's shit at pens 😀