52 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Richards at three was no incentive towards bowling out Haynes or Greenidge.

More of a punishment 

59 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Richards at three was no incentive towards bowling out Haynes or Greenidge.

I loved it when he started his walk out to the square he be just wearing his county or West Indies cap looking around at all parts of the ground as if he hadn’t a care in the world then proceed to smash the bowling to all points of the compass 

On 17/04/2024 at 12:06, ChelseaBoy said:

Blue socks!!!!

That's Everton.

Chelsea, royal blue shirt and shorts with white stripe on shorts and white socks. Plus original badge was very similar to Rangers. I thought I read somewhere the same person designed them or the ground? 

51kStCWtAiL._SY355_.jpg

Chelsea-Logo-1952.jpg

While we are on the subject, I wish people would stop referring to us the 'Light Blues.' Our colours were always Royal blue; my first Rangers strip was that colour. In fact I have an LP with John McDonald singing a song called 'Royal blue.'

3 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

While we are on the subject, I wish people would stop referring to us the 'Light Blues.' Our colours were always Royal blue; my first Rangers strip was that colour. In fact I have an LP with John McDonald singing a song called 'Royal blue.'

The paean for Willie Woodburn contains the lines:

We know your heart’s at Ibrox Park

With the boys in Royal Blue

Royal Blue features in the anthem Who’s That Team.

I always thought “light” was to distinguish Rangers from the dark blue of Scotland but more knowledgeable folk say it’s derived from an early newspaper report describing Rangers as “the light and speedy blues” presumably because they ran rings round a team of cumbersome heavy-footed opponents.

On 23/04/2024 at 10:19, alexscottislegend said:

I wish people would stop referring to us the 'Light Blues.'

The original usage of 'light' was in relation to the way we played and not the colour of the shirt.  It used to confuse me a bit too, until I found that out.