Next Scotland / England manager

Wouldn't mind someone like Harry Redknapp or Terry Venables. Why all the opposition to Jim Jeffries? He would probably be my first choice! Also, George Burley would be a good shout,

Would take Venebles straight away but 'Arry wouldnt be suited to the Scotland job so much.

And no to the boy Bruce Arena or whatever his name is.

I think you've been a bit unfair on McGhee who took both Reading and Leicester to promotion to the EPL.

He's now third in the league with Motherwell in his first season when our league is considered reasonably strong with the likes of a resurgent Hearts and Hibs, an improved Aberdeen and Dundee Utd, a pretty solid Kilmarnock and a good footballing Falkirk side.

Even ICT are perking up again so McGhee is looking like he's doing a great job and his track record is pretty good.

Now whether that makes him a good candidate for Scotland is another matter, but ignoring his real record of success is just not going to help.

His biggest problem to me is lack of experience at the highest levels including Europe, although you can't fault his playing experience there.

Ok he didn't but he might have if he finished the jobs -

From Wikipedia:

"Leicester were flying high at the top of Division One when McGhee left the club unexpectedly in December 1995 to take charge at Wolverhampton Wanderers. "

"They were crowned champions of the new Division Two in 1994 and, when McGhee moved to Leicester City halfway through the following season, Reading still appeared in with a chance of a second straight promotion."

A good record of doing pretty well and then leaving half way through the job seems to make him highly qualified for the Scotland vacancy... ;)

So England appoint a 2nd foreign manager in 3 bosses and a man with a great pedigree in Capello.

Should Scotland go out and get someone with a decent pedigree also? I dont think we would get someone like Capello but we need to set our sights on someone good. The likes of Levein and Jefferies are just not for me.