Mot quite understanding that Wij. We were grouped together with the holders, the French and German champions......we were lucky to finish 2nd. We also had a new squad and surpassed everones ecpectations in the first 3 games.

We defended poorly against Stuttgart to lose and were abismall tonight.

From a totally biased point of view, I think for the first 3 games we deserved to go through. We didn't though and let ourselves down poorly in the last two games.

Maybe your right about WS having to answer the questions. A few games running now I been crying out for Boyd to come on yet tonight he takes a chance with Darcheville (who is great) but an injury doubt for the season if anything happened !

AC Milan are holders.

You can't use your biased pont of view to say we deserved to go through after 3 games - the group stages is SIX games and over 6 games I am not convinced we deserved it. Lyon were a better team than us - so I think they deserved it.

Maybe the wrong tactics were deployed - but even if we used different tactics I think some of us are also missing the fact that Lyon have better players than we do. It really is that simple.

We are a team put together on a comparative shoestring, this time last year we were a complete shambles and looking like not even making the CL qualifying.

I think our expectations have risen due to the reasonable start to the season - but in a group with those 3 teams I think it ultimately is a SUCCESS to still be in Europe. Obviously heart breaking given our start - but, as I said before, you don't really know where you are until after 4 games. 6 points from 2 games was great - but facing Barca we were never really looking like having more than 7 after 4 games. 7 isnt enough.

Relevance? Where did I mention Milan?

Are you pi55ed mate... you said the holders??

Anyway, back to the point. Walter has just been on SSN and said "territorially we dominated the 2nd half and were in control" also he made no apology to the fans for what was at best a very poor display.

Still no sure where Milan come in but yes, my opinion is biased. We were probably the most un-fancied team in any of the groups to get any points. For that reason and biased, yes, I believe most of us will think we deserved more after the first 3 games.

Lyon beating Stuttgart home and away was a killer. But we fucked up in our last two games. For that we have no defence and didn't deserve to go through. How many of us can say we are as equipped as Lyon to progress or try and progress?

I just hope the time comes where we can be heartbroken with good reason and not because we were'nt good enough

talking about movment off the ball, everytime we had players with the ball you had two people just standing there, whittaker and thompson, however they aren't the only two i blame for the lack of movment.

I have been saying that for years Buba. Football is not just about moving if you have the ball. We have 11 dustbins on the park. They are told a set up and stick to the positions they are given. We don't have players making forward runs.