Not Good Enough

I only had a Radio commentary and STV highlights but what i saw and heard was that i would give Whittaker pass marks(sorry Buba). I actually thought he played reasonably. I also don't think JCD meant to stamp on the guy's leg i think he tried to block him from kicking the ball away and got it wrong. For the miss JCD had.??? Two players snapping at his ankles and he was at full steam, sorry but not the easy miss everyone seems to be painting. Certainly not in the Willie Johnston, Peter van Vossen and Inzaghi(header) class

Agreed Alan, the 4-5-1 is not for us and along with playing poor players that is the reason why we have been struggling for 2-3 seasons now.

Smith is the 3rd manager in a row who just wont play to our strengths.

One of the reasons for me is that we play to suit Barry Ferguson. Ok on his day he is quality but on many other days he is nowhere yet blames everyone else. Id like to see him out the team and go to proper 4-4-2 with Hemdani and Thomson in midfield with Buffel and Boyd upfront or Hemdani holding, Buffel playing infront of him and Boyd/Naismith and JCD upfront.

Why cant Buffel get another chance. Nobody wants to give him that chance but if everyone is satisfied with what we are getting every season (no trophies) then enjoy winning nothing for a long time.

We havent had proper quality since Big Dado left and Buffel is a player who is capable of changing a game. But people would rather see Whittaker play :confused: - As i said thats the standard why we dont win anything now.

How difficult is it to play 4-4-2

Ive always been critical about Boyd upfront but I firmly believe having a Buffel or Lovenkrands behind him would suit his style and he would get away with being a poacher who doesnt move much. Then he would get on the end of the creativity from one of those players.

Agree gribz but Fergie has a Rangers heart and that seems to weigh more than what you offer the team.

I dont like harping on about it Pete, but I really feel Im right. So people think that the likes of Buffel shouldnt get a game because he doesnt have the heart Ferguson has.

Our system needs totally changed, IMO we have the personnel to play a decent 4-4-2 but there must be something in the managers office at Ibrox as Smith is the 3rd manager not to play it.

Its weird, yesterday morning I actually thought that it would have been better if McLeish was still in charge for this game. I just knew Smith would go with what he did last night and didnt make one attackminded move.

I dont like harping on about it Pete, but I really feel Im right. So people think that the likes of Buffel shouldnt get a game because he doesnt have the heart Ferguson has.

Our system needs totally changed, IMO we have the personnel to play a decent 4-4-2 but there must be something in the managers office at Ibrox as Smith is the 3rd manager not to play it.

Its weird, yesterday morning I actually thought that it would have been better if McLeish was still in charge for this game. I just knew Smith would go with what he did last night and didnt make one attackminded move.

Not mentioning players the system smith picks is just so negative. I don't think i would have played Buffel tonight as he has had no match practise. I agree he should get a new chance.

Not mentioning players the system smith picks is just so negative. I don't think i would have played Buffel tonight as he has had no match practise. I agree he should get a new chance.

A winning team needs a mix of certain things and we have them but need to play to our strengths and Im not just referring to last nights game for this.

Experience (Weir, Ferguson, Hemdani)

Youth (Hutton, Naismith, Thomson, Smith)

Talent / Ability (Hutton, Hemdani, Buffel, Cuellar)

Cool Heads (Weir, Hemdani, McGregor)

Determination / Grit (Ferguson, Thomson, Darcheville, McCulloch)

Pace (Novo, Buffel, Beasley, Darcheville, Hutton)

A winning team needs a mix of certain things and we have them but need to play to our strengths and Im not just referring to last nights game for this.

Experience (Weir, Ferguson, Hemdani)

Youth (Hutton, Naismith, Thomson, Smith)

Talent / Ability (Hutton, Hemdani, Buffel, Cuellar)

Cool Heads (Weir, Hemdani, McGregor)

Determination / Grit (Ferguson, Thomson, Darcheville, McCulloch)

Pace (Novo, Buffel, Beasley, Darcheville, Hutton)

One of the things that annoyed me tonight was the fact that players were jogging back to defend instead of bursting a gut to get back.

Weir is too slow, He has too be replaced.

One of the things that annoyed me tonight was the fact that players were jogging back to defend instead of bursting a gut to get back.

Weir is too slow, He has too be replaced.

But Weir was apparently the only central defence we had... yes he lacks pace now, but we cannot afford anything else!

Another thing is, if we had got beat 3-0 while playing ok and even trying 110% then id hold back on some criticism but when almost everything was wrong on the night from tactics, formation, personnel and performances then criticism is fair.

We were at Ibrox and should have had a slight advantage. We should have had an attacking line up. Lyon looked like they were going to create something on the break, we couldnt even get a shot towards the goal. Every free kick and corner we had was wasted.

I hope we are much more positive on the UEFA cup.

Another thing is, if we had got beat 3-0 while playing ok and even trying 110% then id hold back on some criticism but when almost everything was wrong on the night from tactics, formation, personnel and performances then criticism is fair.

We were at Ibrox and should have had a slight advantage. We should have had an attacking line up. Lyon looked like they were going to create something on the break, we couldnt even get a shot towards the goal. Every free kick and corner we had was wasted.

I hope we are much more positive on the UEFA cup.

Lyon had to win and went for it right from the start with the attacking team they picked. They were great going forward and defended well enough when needed and their passes found their own players which helps!!

They deserved to win, I usually back WS up as he has done well with his tactics most of the time IMO but at home you should be playing with 2 strikers at least, very disappointing night indeed. :(

No creative players in midfield and IMO I don't think Buffel is the long term answer but I think he or someone else deserves a chance now as we have nothing much in there creative wise and I think everyone can see that.

Cousin was again very disappointing and he should not get a game before Boyd again after his non efforts in his last few games. �£3m for Cousin I can't see us getting anything like that now :eek:

And if Boyd goes like some of stories I think we could be up s**t creek.

Hopefully as Gribz says we will be more attacking in the UEFA cup maybe time to put some performances on for the fans who were robbed last night :cheers: