As for the annual summer clear out summer shuffle it would help greatly if we can bin off the guys who are perma crocked.

For all the talk of blaming the tav, Goldson and lundstrams at least they are fit and available to blame.

I believe this group has ran out of steam and building a more robust squad would improve us greatly.

Half of this squad or more has barely contributed.

It really shouldn’t be harder to recruit better players than Aberdeen, Ross country, Dundee and Killie in the summer. 

6 hours ago, weebluedevil said:

I agree, but I'm not a football recruitment expert. That's Koppen's job to figure it out. Yeah, we won't get rid of everyone, but let's start with one, two or three of your list above.  Who'd have thought we could have off-loaded Lammers on loan and now potentially be able to sell and recoup our costs. 

I also think, and I know you disagree, I would keep Cantwell and Ridvan from your list. But Goldson, Lawrence, Dowell, Dessers and Wright should be told they can look for new clubs and that they won't get much game time if they stay. If some Saudi club are interested in Tav, I think the club would bite their hands off. 

Jack, Roofe, Barisic will be off the wage bill and I expect the loans will end for Sima, Silva and Cortes. 

So I think we'll see an ever bigger change this summer than we did the last. Whether they are replaced with better depends on whether the board are hungry enough for the CL money or not, knowing each season of failure makes the next a bigger mountain to climb. 

What I do know is that the team needs a solid defence, that should be the priority. I've said before, last season and the season before, that I felt that we wouldn't win another title with Tav and Goldson and I stand by that. 

Keeping Cantwell would be fine with me, but he needs to be more consistent as when he is in form, he is a good player. 

We can't rely on Ridvan, that's a matter of fact, not opinion. Just look at his availability / selection since he arrived. Plus his stats show that he is no better or worse than a declining Barasic (who'll thankfully leave at the end of the season).

I'd be agreeable to extending Sima's loan (as we won't be buying him). Same with Cortes but will depend on how he recovers from his injury. Silva should be sent straight back to Wolves.

The board are at a cross-road. The squad requires major investment / surgery this summer and that will come at a cost. 

It took SG 3 seasons to assemble a team that eventually won us the league, I'd say we are in a similar position now as we were when he took over. 

Recruit is key - we simply havent replaced the likes of Aribo, Kamera, Morelos, Kent, Helander and even the likes of Arfield.

We might not win another title with Tav and / or Goldson but moving them on / dropping them wouldn't  magically transform us into title winners. 

The issue is far more deep routed that just Tav and Goldson.

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Keeping Cantwell would be fine with me, but he needs to be more consistent as when he is in form, he is a good player. 

We can't rely on Ridvan, that's a matter of fact, not opinion. Just look at his availability / selection since he arrived. Plus his stats show that he is no better or worse than a declining Barasic (who'll thankfully leave at the end of the season).

I'd be agreeable to extending Sima's loan (as we won't be buying him). Same with Cortes but will depend on how he recovers from his injury. Silva should be sent straight back to Wolves.

The board are at a cross-road. The squad requires major investment / surgery this summer and that will come at a cost. 

It took SG 3 seasons to assemble a team that eventually won us the league, I'd say we are in a similar position now as we were when he took over. 

Recruit is key - we simply havent replaced the likes of Aribo, Kamera, Morelos, Kent, Helander and even the likes of Arfield.

We might not win another title with Tav and / or Goldson but moving them on / dropping them wouldn't  magically transform us into title winners. 

The issue is far more deep routed that just Tav and Goldson.

Remember too we could end up losing three GK’s at the end of the season. Just think of the problems that could cause 

5 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Remember too we could end up losing three GK’s at the end of the season. Just think of the problems that could cause 

If we are serious about recruitment and player trading model then any offers for Butland over £7M should be accepted. 

Brought in on a free transfer, had a decent season (but like most, been shaky over last few games) and will attract interest from EPL. 

30 minutes ago, CammyF said:

If we are serious about recruitment and player trading model then any offers for Butland over £7M should be accepted. 

Brought in on a free transfer, had a decent season (but like most, been shaky over last few games) and will attract interest from EPL. 

Replacing Butland like for like would be almost impossible unless we’ve got millions stashed away somewhere.

23 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Replacing Butland like for like would be almost impossible unless we’ve got millions stashed away somewhere.

Maybe so, but a player trading model that actually works would dictate we sell him. 

Let's not forget that we plucked Jack Butland from the EPL on a free and he had played 10 games in 3 years. Many thought it was a gamble (it was).

I'm sure Koppen and Clement will know of similar scenarios where similar keepers are available.

Weirdly, I'd sat earlier in the season Butland showed no signs of rustiness, but has done over the last few weeks - is this down to fitness??

Edited by CammyF

22 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

As good as he is, he is over 30 and knocking back 6 Million + for him would be daft. IMO.

I

Just now, CammyF said:

I'm sure Koppen and Clement will know of similar scenarios where similar keepers are available.

Yes, this is how they will prove their value. Koppen & his team especially.

We need to bring in guys to beat Ross County and Dundee. Not Man City and Juventus. 

2 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Yes, this is how they will prove their value. Koppen & his team especially.

We need to bring in guys to beat Ross County and Dundee. Not Man City and Juventus. 

You'd hope that as part of any interview process, Koppen presented the board / interview panel with a list of players he'd identified to pursue and get on board and that were within our budget. 

I'm still gutted from last night, but one thing has become obvious to me. When I was considering who stays and who goes I came to the conclusion that there is not one player in the current squad it would sadden me to loose. I have also noticed a few mentioned we need to buy players capable of beating Ross Co, not Man shitty. The players we have are well capable of they that but for whatever reason have decided not to do so. For some like Goldson, Tav and Lundstram this is not the first time they have let down us, the club and the manager.