Player/Fan Fan/player Player/Player Altercations

2 minutes ago, Fa1833 said:

Apart from the obvious ones I can think off what are the ones that spring to your mind?

I just read that out in Saudi maybe a week ago a player got whipped by a fan! 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68818787

Dont give me any ideas!!! I can think of a few players who need a good whipping this season :) 

The tim that had a go at Gordon Strachan at Parkhead in the days when Strachan was a Don.

John Brown intercepted a pitch invader. Can’t remember the occasion. Pity he hadn’t been playing in the 2016 Cup Final. He would have enjoyed himself at the end. On second thoughts, if JB had been playing Rangers wouldn’t have lost and there would have been no exuberance.

I do remember one probably full of cheap wine Rangers fan trying to grab the league cup from a Celtic player after a final back in the mid sixties.

48 minutes ago, compo said:

I do remember one probably full of cheap wine Rangers fan trying to grab the league cup from a Celtic player after a final back in the mid sixties.

This said wine was it from the Benedict monks in Devon 🤣 Going price for cheap tonic wine is now £10 I remember it as a fiver £2.50 for the half bottle secretly tucked away in the top jacket pocket. 

9 hours ago, Fa1833 said:

This said wine was it from the Benedict monks in Devon 🤣 Going price for cheap tonic wine is now £10 I remember it as a fiver £2.50 for the half bottle secretly tucked away in the top jacket pocket. 

Don’t know what the tipple was back then but probably around five bob a bottle that’s 25 new pence 

Cammy F giving the Vs to The Govan 😁

Didn't a Rangers player (Eric Morris?) get shot with a pellet gun in a reserve game at Parkhead? 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, CammyF said:

Cammy F giving the Vs to The Govan 😁

Didn't a Rangers player (Eric Morris?) get shot with a pellet gun in a reserve game at Parkhead? 

Makes you wonder what else is going on in the world, a captain was  killed in Columbia a few years back for missing a penalty! 

Edited by Fa1833

Amateur football down the old Glasgow green I witnessed quite a few punch ups between players and spectators one time even a knife was brandished