Do we have enough financial resources to survive?

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

Hume,

If Rangers survive, will you?

I’m sure he will. Rangers mean so much to these people.

In all seriousness, we've had operating profit in the last 2 set of accounts despite the shite recruitment of recent seasons.

The majority of clubs down south are making losses every season - I read that Abramovich was loaning Chelsea 800k a week just to cover losses.

If we break even most seasons whilst driving revenue then we're in a good place imo.

Admin 2 is still a way off yet I think.

It’s well known both Park’s & Kings shareholdings could be available. I’ve been hearing there are interested parties who’d bring finance to Rangers. When John Bennett becomes Rangers FT chairman in August that might be the beginnings of a new era……🙂

19 hours ago, yuddie said:

We've got a bigger wage bill than Atalanta who've just won the uel and have been ucl regulars recently.

In the grand scheme of European football, we compare well enough in revenue imo..the board have just severely mismanaged recruitment in recent years. We haven't got value for our signings for years.

Bennett has spoken about being more aggressive in the market and implementing the trading model - we're seeing the beginnings of that with the Cortés, Diomande and Jefte deals.

Get that 'pillar' right and we'll crack 100m+ in revenue - it'll take time though.

This is an enlightening answer Atalanta was the second favourite to the Germans but they believed in themselves from the outset. Good answer

11 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

It’s well known both Park’s & Kings shareholdings could be available. I’ve been hearing there are interested parties who’d bring finance to Rangers. When John Bennett becomes Rangers FT chairman in August that might be the beginnings of a new era……🙂

Parks and Kings companies do not want to part with their finances. I get the feeling its an ego trip for them, if they wanted to bolster RFC with cash I would hope they would have done it before Celtic won 12 out of the last 13 this does not ring true for me WATP

I'd rather we died with our history than lived with the history of Paedo FC over at the Piggery.

Of course, many of their demented fans spend their lives online claiming we did die but UEFA have stated, quite categorically, that we're the same club.  Who would you believe: the game's governing body or unemployed Declan from Coatbridge?

FUwSGKyXEAEKItZ.jpeg

On 26/05/2024 at 14:30, ranger_syntax said:

No, we don't have enough financial resources to survive.

Administration is a real possibility.

Cheers WATP.

I disagree when I say survive I mean beat Celtic survival is not an issue. What We all want is to attract fresh exciting talent when they are 20 yards from goal and can at least work the Goalie. This pathet scuff half-hit balls from guys that are over 6ft is astonishing. I watch under-15s hit it better in Sunday league not to mention Junior Football in the West of Scotland. it's unbelievable. Scouting is another dilemma, people like Dalglish, McQueen, and Ferguson who are in Italy now captain of Bolgonia there are many more that have slipped through the net. Not good enough for RFC. This is a talent and a skill, which is sadly overlooked and given to people that are not qualified to judge. These are fruitless complaints that need to be corrected. Liverpool has had the same scouting team for 25+ years even though the manager changed after Shankly resigned. It seems each manager brings their own chief Scout, which does not work in my opinion. WATP

2 hours ago, Hume said:

I watch under-15s hit it better in Sunday league not to mention Junior Football in the West of Scotland. it's unbelievable.

I don't believe you.