Fabio Capello has left out Beckham of his provisional first England squad. I thought he'd get in but there is previous between these two. Maybe he just needs to prove his fitness as he hasn't played a 1st team game since the England Croatia game in November.

i was actually :) i think the team play better when he's around!! think in their last match he was the one player that actaully wanted to win, sure the others were out of the finals before they'd even put on the jersey that night!!

I think it's a bit tight. He has done more than anyone for that team over the last 8 years, he desreves his hundredth cap for that performance against Greece alone. What harm, in a friendly, giving him a wee run out to reach his milestone.

Well done Capello, I like Becks but he hasnt played a competitve game since October therefore cant nearly be in the running. Capello has to show some toughness here as its his first squad.

Becks is 32 and has another 3 or 4 years to get that 100th cap.

Chris Kirkland and Emile Heskey get in the squad ahead of West Ham pair Robert Green and Dean Ashton - WTF is Capello on.

But he picks Matthew Upson who runs likes he is carrying 10 kgs of sand in each boot.