But Novo has always lacked the composure to be a great striker and I think that's also got a lot to do with why he seems to contribute more to a game when he comes on as a sub. Over 20-30 minutes his energy and workrate can really lift a game and his shortcomings aren't so apparent.

Having said that, as part of a settled front two pairing, maybe he'd improve.

to give him some credit he hit the target on most/all of his shots which you want from any striker IMO.....

You mean the ones he actually kicks? - he had at least 3 fresh air shots and has had many of them in the past.

Novo rarely scores a straight goal they usually a bit comical. They either go in off a defender or off a strange part of his body - I'm sure one of his goals in Europe this season came off his nuts!

When he hits a proper, clean shot they either:

a) Trundle to the keeper

b) Miss over the bar

c) Get blocked

d) Are straight at the keeper

He's a very poor finisher, which is a shame as he's great at getting into and creating goal scoring postitions...

If he could finish like Boyd or McCoist, he could be considered a top class striker. Boyd could do with copying the work ethic and all round play of Novo and maybe he'll turn into a top class striker.

What we need is a cross between Boyd and Novo - and I don't mean a lazy, unfit player who couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo...