I agree we should get the League cup over by November for quite a few reasons. Many are encapsulated by the following main two reasons:

a) Is anyone really interested in the cup final coming up in the middle of the business end of the league? It's in the way, rather than a showcase final. If we did it in October/November, the league is just getting going, winning trophies seems like an age away and so it would inject some glamour just before the weather turns - and the postponed games pile up. It gives something to celebrate early in the season and could give a team a boost in their confidence to go on a run in the league.

b) What is makes the League cup distinctive from the Scottish cup apart from replays and a bunch of wee teams? A November final could reward early season form, while the Scottish Cup rewards late season form. The league then rewards whole season form. It's like with golf where you sometimes have prizes for the best front 9 and back 9 as well as for the 18 holes. You don't have a prize for the best first 14 holes and the best last 9 holes. It's just silly and that silliness applies here. I remember they buggered up in England and had two finals a few weeks apart between the same teams. If one team won one cup and the other team the other cup, what would the difference be apart from form on the day? If they were six months apart the difference would be who is performing well at that time of year as well as the squads differing either side of the January transfer window - as well as different players injured. And sometimes a different manager too.

PS If Walter is not using his squad properly, then why are we on the best run for at least 5 years?

I'm glad Cousin is here to stay till the summer - especially after yet another Darche injury. This could really make a difference for our success in the final furlongs of the season.

I still don't think Boyd is really cutting it yet and if you take his penalties away, he's not scoring THAT much - or contributing much else. I'm a fan of Boyd as he scores so much, but at a time where he should be showing why he should be a first pick, he's just not raising his game.

I like him but don't feel we can rely on him too much. I'd prefer the likes of Cousin on from the start - especially in big games, and use Kris as a super sub with 30 minutes to go.

I think Cousin might become more focused as he's had a lot of time to think about his move and has surely realised that playing in a relegation battle, while losing most of the time, is not the same as fighting for trophies and playing in Europe. Then there is the very real danger of playing in the Championship next season, while Rangers could be straight into the CL group stages.

I still don't think Boyd is really cutting it yet and if you take his penalties away, he's not scoring THAT much - or contributing much else. I'm a fan of Boyd as he scores so much, but at a time where he should be showing why he should be a first pick, he's just not raising his game.

3 pens a lot then :confused: