Champions League Tuesday

How good would a Liverpool Manure final be?

All I hope is that for next season, Benitez will stop with his stupid roation policy. Torres will guarantee goals so must start.

With regards the penalty decision, it looked to me to be inside the box, and as in the last game, both should have been penalties.

When Liverpool equalised I thought they looked the stronger for the remainder of the game. Walcott must have evaded about 3 or 4 tackles and should never have been allowed to run that far.

Gerrard was cool as hell for the penalty and IMO there was never any doubt he would score. Torres was just an amazing (awseome if you want) turn and finish.

Arsenal then had to chase at the end as a goal would have sealed it, Babel run at least half the pitch though and finished very well indeed.

I 'think' the stats showed Liverpool came out on top on shots etc. I may be wrong......I waqs to busy jumping in the air ;)

Liverpool-Man U ? Don't care to be honest, would be a better final as Man U chelsea - both teams are better than Liverpool !

Won't make a difference if Benitez plays his best 11, they still aren't a good enough 11 to top Man U over a season.

I only saw the penalty incident twice to be fair and the 2nd time was a really poor angle. If I was being honest had that incident appeared at the other end I would be raging if a penalty wasn't given.

I did see the penalty incident and Babel's goal - that boys turn of pace was incredible - was it Fabregas that launched the free kick in and Babel gave him what looked like a 20 yd headstart.

Slightly unfair analysis of Liverpool I think. They have shown in the past 3 or 4 seasons that they have what it takes to win the CL......no other English team has done that since Manu. For that reason in a one off game, they certainly have what it takes to beat Manu or Chelsea. I hope Im right anyway.

Over a season they havent had a look in recently. I do think Torres is Liverpools equivelant or Manu's Ronaldo. Why he wasnt played is just baffling.

Just watching the highlights again, an I still say the better team TONIGHT won. I must admit to looking forward to seeing Wengers interview since it didnt show it on sky as the dressing room was locked.

Man U are definitely a better team than Liverpool - stronger starting 11 and a stronger squad. Chelsea not as clear cut.

Jon, they havent proven it over a full season in the league in that same time and they are showing the same this year. I disagree that it is an unfair analysis - they are a CL team, not an EPL team - despite your rose tinted specs :fish: they show year after year under Benitez that they dont do it consistently enough to win the EPL.

Torres is a fantastic talent, no doubt. I dont think even if he was playing every game that he would have the same effect as Ronaldo - 37 goals from midfield is incredible - but we will never know that as Benitez is far too stubborn to bow to public opinion and play the boy consistently (I wish he had as you, Gribz and I have him to be EPL top scorer.....).

Wenger is his own worst enemy - he has funds available to spend yet refuses to do so. Look at my comments after the first leg - I said that any team that has to rely on Senderos will struggle and it was his losing his player at a corner that cost Arsenal a goal when they were the better team.

No doubting Ronaldos value, credentials or importance to Manu. I also agree the squad is nowhere near as good....but it should be! I think Liverpool maybe have 2 or 3 players that would get into the Manu first team. Carragher, Gerrard and Torres. (Torres I believe is the best forward in the EPL, Ronaldo hands down is probably the best player in the world (apart from Boyd of course))

Just heard Wengers comments.......I was almost away to post all credit to him, until he said the ref gited a penalty. As you said, if it was the other end (and bearing in mind last week) he would have demanded that decision for his team.

No idea what the story is behind Wenger not going into the transfer market, he does have an incredible knack of unearthing young talent though.

Absolute disgrace. Arsenal were robbed.

They had a clear cut pen in the 1st leg and that was not a penalty last night. The initial contact was outside the box (if any) then the guys legs went. It did look like a pen at the first instance from the side but from all other angles it was never a pen.

We should be sitting here talking about how good Walcotts run was for the goal - that was simply amazing from the young man. He ran 80 yards then showed amazing maturity to just cut it back for 3 arsenal players to knock it in. Bu Adebyeor should have scored a bit before that aswell.

As Craig says Arsenal are 1 or 2 players short of being invinceable again IMO and this is down to Wengers policy. But if Eduardo didnt get that injury plus Rosicky was fit then I think they would have won the double. They also missed Sagna at LB last night as Senderos is a weak link. Next year they will be 1 year more experienced and if they get 1 or 2 more cover players then they could be unstoppable.

I hope Chelsea absolutely stuff Liverpool. The difference is Chelsea can shut up shop easily which Arsenal dont do. Chelsea will want revenge for previous seasons and I think they will get it. Man Utd v Chelsea will be an awesome final and again as Craig says a lot more even. Man Utd could rip Liverpool apart the way they are playing.

I hope Schalke wins it though :fish: