Bernard, Malcolm and McCormack (obviously) never went to SA as they've all been told to sort out moves to other clubs.

Gers are keen to land Niklas Bendtner on a season loan as PLG and Colleu know the player and what he can do, but Arsenal don't want him to go and there's talk about a fee being involved.

Colleu says he knows nothing about Di Vaio, but does say that they are working on one or two more players, whose identity will be kept a secret.

As for Ricksen, apparently the players were well warned what would happen if they stepped out of line and Colleu said that "PLG does what he says".

Im glad Bernard has been sent packing, too high a wages on a very mediocre player.

I read that article with Colleu too, glad to hear we're looking to bring in 2 or 3 more players, the squad is looking a bit thin right now (if all the players set to leave do actually leave).

Also glad to hear the Di Vaio link is pish, i never thought we'd get him either way but �£4m on a guy who's done nothing at Valencia doesnt scream bargain to me.

With Rangers actively getting rid of the following:

Ricksen, Bernard, Fanfan, Malcolm, McCormack

That leaves our first team squad of 24 as something like:

Letizi/Klos/MacGregor

Hutton/Lowing Svensson/Ponroy Rodriguez/Andrews? Smith

Burke/Sionko/Namouchi Ferguson/Rae Hemdani/Murray Clement/Adam

Boyd/Prso Buffel/Novo/Stanger

With the following youngsters waiting in the wings:

Robinson

Campbell Gilmour

Davidson Furman N'Guessan

Carcary Ashikodi

I would say looking at the squad we need to prioritise the aquisition of a right back, a centre back, a left back and a striker.

But at the moment it's not the most awe inspiring Rangers squad I've seen. However I fully expect every player to play at a much higher standard under PLG and I assume more money will be available in the January transfer window as well as the discarding of a few more players on stupid wages.

I think we have enough to win the league against a weak looking Celtic and a good but nothing special Hearts, and for a good run in the UEFA but I don't think we'll really have a team to drool over until the 2007 season when the next round of transfers comes into effect.

I think PLG will get about 5 or 6M every year to spend and it will take time to accumulate the standard of player throughout the team to really challenge in the champions' league.

I said in a previous post that the players we have right now at Ibrox are good enough to win the SPL,providing PLG can instill passion and fight into the squad if he can do that then you will see how weak the Tic are and the Jambos were on a high,which they will find hard to repeat.

C'mon the GERS....!!!!