We've dropped far too many points against average opposition this season, since the start. That's what made our task even more difficult at the tail end of the season when things like the fixture list made a bad situation worse. We've been distinctly average for a few years now and while we managed to grind out a great run of results earlier in the season, we were always walking a very thin line between winning and losing.

I don't think we have enough leaders on the park either. Maybe leaders isn't the right term, but I mean those players who stand up and be counted when needed and can turn games around and inspire those around them.

We've dropped far too many points against average opposition this season, since the start. That's what made our task even more difficult at the tail end of the season when things like the fixture list made a bad situation worse. We've been distinctly average for a few years now and while we managed to grind out a great run of results earlier in the season, we were always walking a very thin line between winning and losing.

I don't think we have enough leaders on the park either. Maybe leaders isn't the right term, but I mean those players who stand up and be counted when needed and can turn games around and inspire those around them.

Or more simply, not enough good players in our squad? We had a very decent and settled first 11 at the start of the season - as soon as injuries and suspensions hit (and selling one of out better players in January) we didn't have enough in reserve.

Cammy F

Guest Ibroxian
We can discuss the SPL and their refusal to help us, it was a contributing factor to the horrific end to the season, but it wasn't the defining reason for us losing the league - or inability to win at parkhead, easter road, fir park etc lost us the league.

Cammy F

You're right Cammy, more right than me but it just felt like every other evening Rangers were playing a dull game of catch up and the season ended without substance. One draw against Celtic in two games would have done the trick. Amazing we lost both.