He says along the lines of, I doubt that the RST would have used the word militant. If they did then they are asking for trouble.

I wouldn't tell lies about such a touchy subject at the moment m8.

Here is the some of the reply I got from the RST.

"those who left favoured much closer links with the hierarchy at ibrox, those who didn't felt we should be more demanding and dare I say it, a bit more militant."

Guest 90minsofmadness
I wouldn't tell lies about such a touchy subject at the moment m8.

Here is the some of the reply I got from the RST.

"those who left favoured much closer links with the hierarchy at ibrox, those who didn't felt we should be more demanding and dare I say it, a bit more militant."

I meant no offence mate, hope you never took it that way.

Seems an odd thing to say, but so was the last official statement about not entering cup competitions and Scotland caps. I'm not a member but wish to give them the benifit of the doubt due to their good work since formation.

Going back to the article, Is it a matter of Murray seeing the resignations and attacking while the RST are weak?

It looks from an interested observers viewpoint that your above point is absolutely correct. He can see that the people who were running it have left, and he doesnt like who that leaves in charge, either directly or indirectly. Also by attacking only 1 person in the article, it is making clear who DM (sorry, an RST insider) believes is responsible for this and is already attempting to discredit him, and by association the RST itself.

It looks from an interested observers viewpoint that your above point is absolutely correct. He can see that the people who were running it have left, and he doesnt like who that leaves in charge, either directly or indirectly. Also by attacking only 1 person in the article, it is making clear who DM (sorry, an RST insider) believes is responsible for this and is already attempting to discredit him, and by association the RST itself.

I think its more sinister than that. He just is not comfortable with the organisation full stop and the resignations leaving certain people in charge make it easier to discredit them.

A statement from the RST:

Last night (Wednesday 12/06/08) the Trust Board met considered the resignations on the table and has reluctantly accepted them.

Those who resigned cited a variety of reasons for resigning, amongst other factors these included changing personal circumstances, professional obligations, a disagreement with the ongoing strategy of the Trust Board and differences of opinion regarding the implementation of policy regarding fans representation on the board of Rangers Football Club.

Stephen Smith was elected Chairman pro tem and David Edgar will act as Vice-Chairman.

This notice serves as advance notice of a Special General Meeting of the Trust requisitioned by the Board as per the rules for the purpose of appointing new Board members - date, time and venue to be announced shortly.

The Trust Board wishes to make it clear that it remains committed to clarity, transparency and accountability and we view this SGM as an opportunity for members to become more engaged, and for those who share the Trusts aims and objectives to help re-energise and revitalise the organization.

This meeting will be open to all current members of the Trust and we would strongly encourage all members to attend.