Right Midfield Solution

Albeit it would be only for a season but he is a class act and would fit in perfectly to our team!! Cant actually believe West Ham have released him, he was one of the better players last season.

West Ham have decided to release veteran winger Nolberto Solano after just one season at Upton Park.

The 33-year-old joined the Hammers in August 2007 from Newcastle, and made 23 league appearances for the club.

Solano has ruled out a return to St James' Park, but the Peruvian is hoping to continue playing in England.

"I am looking for another club. I hope to stay in England for another two years and after that, I will return to Peru," he said.

Solano enjoyed two spells at Newcastle before his family situation forced him to look for a club in London.

"Everybody knows what I feel about Newcastle and those fans, but it would be difficult to ever return there," added Solano, who also had a spell with Aston Villa.

"The reason I was forced to leave Newcastle was because of family reasons, and that situation has not changed."

A very good player but to me would be a backwads step. Id rather see one of our kids coming through than a 33 yr old playing out his career!

As far as I know we dont have a kid who can step into the RM slot. Lennon and Fleck are more central attacking players and Furman is a central midfielder.

Solano is a class act and would do a great job for us and not shy out of anything. He would be a perfect solution and is that bit of quality that we need. He can also be creative.

I saw West Ham about 20 games last season and was a stand out in about 12 games.

Is he not to attacking for WS though mate? Im still not convinced. I dont know the solution to it, but Novo coming off the bench would be my bet for RM in the 2nd half. Who starts there I dont know.....

Is he not to attacking for WS though mate? Im still not convinced. I dont know the solution to it, but Novo coming off the bench would be my bet for RM in the 2nd half. Who starts there I dont know.....

Probably.

Agree Novo is more effective coming off the bench so Solano for the first hour then Nacho for the rest would be a great option.

Pete, he says he is looking to stay in England but im sure he means the UK. He left Newcastle to go to London at the time but that was last year

Even at 33 he will probably have a host of EPL or Championship sides after him. Unfortunately we are no longer in a position to compete with these teams.

Get Christian Dailly on the phone to him and tell him Ibrox is the best choice for him! :)