A nice tribute, but.........

Is it not a little OTT.

Another "in memory of" match!!!

Are Motherwell cashing in here??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/motherwell/7469241.stm

Apparently the proceeds are going towards the education of his children so i don't think Motherwell are cashing in. I think they are genuinely trying to help his family. If you consider that Celtic gave Larsson who already was a multi-millionaire a benefit game, then i suppose this is showing a great respect for the player and his family who have probably been left with very little.

Apparently the proceeds are going towards the education of his children so i don't think Motherwell are cashing in. I think they are genuinely trying to help his family. If you consider that Celtic gave Larsson who already was a multi-millionaire a benefit game, then i suppose this is showing a great respect for the player and his family who have probably been left with very little.

The game clearly has charitable intentions which is fine. If it doubles up as a pre-season glamour fixture for the fans then it's a win-win for everyone surely?

As for benefit matches for multi-millionaire stars then that's another argument entirely...

Let me put it in a slightly better way.

Are they asking a little too much of there fans to stump up again for a match that is again plucking at there heart strings.

They have had there match against the Dhims. And the re-naming of the Stand is a fine thing for them to do to honour him, but can't they just do that for the first home game of the season - get a full house in for that and get the team worked up for a win?

I see your points and they are all valid. Indeed getting a charity match and a pre season friendly in one for the club is good, but there are many fans who will be on there holidays then etc...

Guess I am just a little apprehensive of such things being "over cooked"

I think it's a good idea especially with the charity that the proceeds are going to plus Motherwell don't get to play teams like Villareal that often so it'll be great for their fans and for O'Donnell's family. It's still one of the biggest losses to happen to Scottish football since Super Coop.