Reports in an English based newspaper claimed today that Rangers were in for AC Milan defender Dario Simic.

Celtic were reported to be in for him a few weeks ago. Do Rangers and Celtic play follow the leader when it comes to transfer candidates.

I remember years ago this was mentioned and the reality is that if a player is willing/keen to come to the UK, depending on who that player is, the only clubs outside of England who could afford the fees or wages would be us or Celtic. So often players will be offered to both of us by agents.

Oh, and not sure why we'd be after yet another centre back.

If Cuellar and Weir are going to be the first-choice partnership, we seem to have an awful lot of backup centre halves, that's all. Especially if Smith comes back in to the LB slot.

So long as we sign a proper RB and someone creative for the midfield, I'll be a happy Bear.

I doubt Weir will be first choice. Him and webster will be the back-ups to Cuellar and the new guy, who I understand isn't Simic.

I would agree with that BD and i think that is why it is taking Weir so long to decide. I think if he can get a team in England that offer him a starting role he would prefer that.