I am just back and the Stadium is awesome. The whole complex is massive,with training fields,plenty of car parks where you can park and drive away without waiting in queue's. I think there was a Hotel although we didn't walk round that far. Because they have built it on a hill the only steps we had to climb were outside the stadium and well away from where the crowds would be dense. For the rest it is just an amble up the hill. Around the stadium is a large walkway and once you are at that level you walk in to the main hall and in to the football area with only the steps to your seat to walk. It certainly did not seem steep to me. Obviously to the top tiers you will have steps to climb. Because it is so big and so many ways to leave there were absolutely no areas we had any problem walking because of crowds. It was a small crowd today but even if it is full i don't see them having any problems. There were drink and bradwurst wagons all round so it was easy to get something to drink. To get a drink in the stadium you have to get a pay card and put at least 5 euro's on it. At the end of the game i had no problem getting my excess money back. A good system as it cuts down waiting at the bars.

The atmosphere inside the ground disappointed me really. Apart from now and again one half of the crowd shouting Shalke and the other half shouting 04 there was only a few poor tries at the wave to get excited about. The football certainly didn't help to get the fans worked up, but that is for another thread.

If i can workout how to make my picture's smaller i will post them up.Any advice is welcome.

Good stuff Pete, it seems the Germans know what they are doing and have everything arranged to a T. I cant see that in Govan, Murray took away our ticket office and car park!!

I think the atmosphere wasnt great due to it being a friendly and not near a full house but the stadium is built in a way where it would be terrific in big games.

The stands dont look as steep in your pictures as on TV and the top tier could easy have another couple of rows to make it higher. But it certainly seems a great set up there.

It wouldnt be too difficult to turn Ibrox into a stadium like that at all bar money of course.

Good stuff Pete, it seems the Germans know what they are doing and have everything arranged to a T. I cant see that in Govan, Murray took away our ticket office and car park!!

I think the atmosphere wasnt great due to it being a friendly and not near a full house but the stadium is built in a way where it would be terrific in big games.

The stands dont look as steep in your pictures as on TV and the top tier could easy have another couple of rows to make it higher. But it certainly seems a great set up there.

It wouldnt be too difficult to turn Ibrox into a stadium like that at all bar money of course.

It really wasn't steep at all Gribz. I have been to the FC Twente stadium and you need a mountaineers ice-pick(sp) to get up the stairs but this is really great.

I will say because it is a closed hall it did feel like i was watching indoor football, but i suppose that would pass on cold winter nights.

Nothing to do with the topic, but the colour of Shalke's strip (Royal Blue) is what ours should be. RFC's website called Shalke the Royal blues, and keeps calling us the 'Light' blues! Confusing.

And its made by Adidas which makes kits far better :)