No offence intended Cammy F, but to my mind, a mob of supposed RFC 'loyals' protesting outside Ibrox isn't going to help matters in the slightest. To the contrary, I think it will only worsen them. I also happen to think that such 'protests' are exactly the sort of thing that WILL REALLY make the club a laughing stock, especially on the other side of town. Speaking of which, if you're so desperately worried about the parkhead mod & what their support think of US, I strongly urge you to reconsider growing up & actually cheering on the club rather than booing it. :cheers:

So envoking change of the better will make us the laughing stock of the Tims - I don't see how that would happen.

Lets look at it another way - some years ago, a certain Glasgow club were fleezing their fans dry, they were trailing their rivals on and off the pitch, they went thro managers like nobodies business but couldn't replicate the success of their rivals.

Pi55ed off at this, a growing section of fans staged protests, walk-outs, stopped going to games and how their rivals laughed.

Fast forward a few years and roles are reversed. Can you honestly say that they didn't envoke change and change their clubs fortunes for the better?

I hate saying this, but they mobilised and they changed their club for the better. They were willing to listen to the 'titters' from us they changed their club - and boy, they did.

Can we replicate what they did? Course we can, but initially, we must want to change the direction of the club - I fear not enough of us have the will, the heart, the fight in us to do so. That'll be our downfall.

Cammy F

Out of interest, are you suggesting that the support should sit back and do nothing about the shambles at our club?

Not at all. All I'm saying is that IMO, contributing to making the club a laughing stock by protesting outside Ibrox isn't a particularly smart move & one that I thoroughly oppose. I really am disgusted that our fans will stoop to that level, but they've done it before & no doubt will loyally continue to do so, so I guess a few voices of reason on an internet forum aren't going to smarten them up.

:rfc:

Not at all. All I'm saying is that IMO, contributing to making the club a laughing stock by protesting outside Ibrox isn't a particularly smart move & one that I thoroughly oppose. I really am disgusted that our fans will stoop to that level, but they've done it before & no doubt will loyally continue to do so, so I guess a few voices of reason on an internet forum aren't going to smarten them up.

Got to admit that I'll not be protesting but I have a bit of sympathy for those who do. It seems that nobody is being held accountable which is obviously very frustrating.

how else can the supporters show SDM we are not happy, i would not say protesting would make the club a laughing stock :confused: the people in charge have done that already........

So envoking change of the better will make us the laughing stock of the Tims - I don't see how that would happen.

Lets look at it another way - some years ago, a certain Glasgow club were fleezing their fans dry, they were trailing their rivals on and off the pitch, they went thro managers like nobodies business but couldn't replicate the success of their rivals.

Pi55ed off at this, a growing section of fans staged protests, walk-outs, stopped going to games and how their rivals laughed.

Fast forward a few years and roles are reversed. Can you honestly say that they didn't envoke change and change their clubs fortunes for the better?

I hate saying this, but they mobilised and they changed their club for the better. They were willing to listen to the 'titters' from us they changed their club - and boy, they did.

Can we replicate what they did? Course we can, but initially, we must want to change the direction of the club - I fear not enough of us have the will, the heart, the fight in us to do so. That'll be our downfall.

Cammy F

You've got a fair point there, but you definitely can't change my mind about these proposed protests. Bad press, Bad for the whole teams' moral, Bad for the fans'/supporters' moral, Bad idea... period (at least in my humble opinion).

how else can the supporters show SDM we are not happy, i would not say protesting would make the club a laughing stock :confused: the people in charge have done that already........

Well, we do live in a wired world. The net chatter is definitely being heard.

Well I hope those who choose to protest are treated more fairly than they were a couple of seasons ago - I was one who protested and was verbally and physically abused by fellow Rangers fans.

If I'm through early enough I'll join the protest prior to kick-off and continue with anti-Murray chants through-out the game. Interesting to see if the Carlos transfer finally changes peoples attitude towards Murray.

Cammy F - In A Murray Out Frame Of Mind Loyal RSC

Cammy can I ask what Murray could have done ?

I think a section of our support look to vilainise Murray at every turn.

Cammy can I ask what Murray could have done ?

I think a section of our support look to vilainise Murray at every turn.

On Friday, David Murray, Martin Bain and Walter Smith told Rangers supporters that CC would only be sold for, and I quote 'funny money'. Now, I certainly don't regard �£7.8M as 'funny money' when talking about the best centre-half we've had since Richard Gough. It is less than we got for Alan Hutton and less that Sunderland paid Hearts for Craig Gordon.

At the time of making that statement, all three knew of this release clause - so why make the statement at all? Just another case of pish and wind for the master of pish and wind, SDM

Cammy F

On Friday, David Murray, Martin Bain and Walter Smith told Rangers supporters that CC would only be sold for, and I quote 'funny money'. Now, I certainly don't regard �£7.8M as 'funny money' when talking about the best centre-half we've had since Richard Gough. It is less than we got for Alan Hutton and less that Sunderland paid Hearts for Craig Gordon.

At the time of making that statement, all three knew of this release clause - so why make the statement at all? Just another case of pish and wind for the master of pish and wind, SDM

Cammy F

Cheers, must have missed the quotes. I'll have a look for them. I think we'll both agree David Murray isn't a dumb guy, this strikes me as extremly daft considering he knew about the release clause.

I think this is a minor detail though and no matter who the owner of our club was the end result would still have been the same.