Murray Interview

Definitely hypocritical.

Here is another slant on it..... if he is so keen on getting someone in with the "clubs best interests at heart" then I would have thought that one of the first things (after sales price) that he would be interested in is what these potential purchasers would be doing to run the club - you know, how they will IMPROVE the club.

Why did he leave it till the last moment to discuss how they would run the club ??

He also needs to check his timelines if he is going to try to cast himself in a good light. Unless I am mistaken if you look at the pargraph on Cuellar he says that Cuellar asked Bain on the Monday to leave yet Bain said they met on the Sunday. And in not one quote from the Assembly did they say that Murray said if they got an offer for Cuellar then they would use the money on players (unless the Assembly didnt disseminate the info properly).

BS if you ask me.

I see two points of particular interest.

The first is that after months of silence, the Great Leader is only persuaded to speak to us because he is the subject of personal criticism. By contrast, discontent with the performance of the club was met with silence. This makes the next few weeks even more interesting.

The second observation is that the more Murray talks the more he lies. The disrespect this man has for the ordinary supporter is staggering.

Saw the following on Teamtalk. I can only assume the Great leader was negotiating in front of a large mirror in an empty room. Seldom read such contrived claptrap, who believes the journalist wrote this himself..........

Rangers chairman Sir David Murray has revealed that he came within hours of selling the SPL club last year before suddenly changing his mind.Businessman Murray, 56, said he pulled out of the deal at the last minute because of doubts over the buyers' plans for the team.

Two months of secret negotiations came to an end at a London hotel when the chairman changed his mind about the sale.

He told Scotland on Sunday: "Everything was pretty much agreed and then I said, 'Look gentlemen, before we do this, can you tell me how you're going to run this club?'

"I'm sitting there with all the legal documents in front of me and they outline their plans.

"'We'll carve this up, and we'll sell that off', and after a while I said 'Enough, we're not doing the deal.'

"We got up and walked out. We took our papers and went out of the door. It wasn't for Rangers."

Mr Murray bought Rangers in 1988 and has invested millions in the club.

The founder of the Murray Group, whose activities include property and leisure, saw the team win nine league championships in a row between 1989 and 1997.

There has been speculation as far back as 2006 that Murray was looking to exit the club.

A 2-0 victory against Hearts on Saturday gave a positive end to a difficult week for Rangers in the wake of Carlos Cuellar's departure to Aston Villa.

The club are still reeling from their exit from Europe, following their defeat in Champions League qualifying against Lithuanian side FB Kaunas.

Saw the following on Teamtalk. I can only assume the Great leader was negotiating in front of a large mirror in an empty room. Seldom read such contrived claptrap, who believes the journalist wrote this himself..........

Rangers chairman Sir David Murray has revealed that he came within hours of selling the SPL club last year before suddenly changing his mind.Businessman Murray, 56, said he pulled out of the deal at the last minute because of doubts over the buyers' plans for the team.

Two months of secret negotiations came to an end at a London hotel when the chairman changed his mind about the sale.

He told Scotland on Sunday: "Everything was pretty much agreed and then I said, 'Look gentlemen, before we do this, can you tell me how you're going to run this club?'

"I'm sitting there with all the legal documents in front of me and they outline their plans.

"'We'll carve this up, and we'll sell that off', and after a while I said 'Enough, we're not doing the deal.'

"We got up and walked out. We took our papers and went out of the door. It wasn't for Rangers."

Mr Murray bought Rangers in 1988 and has invested millions in the club.

The founder of the Murray Group, whose activities include property and leisure, saw the team win nine league championships in a row between 1989 and 1997.

There has been speculation as far back as 2006 that Murray was looking to exit the club.

A 2-0 victory against Hearts on Saturday gave a positive end to a difficult week for Rangers in the wake of Carlos Cuellar's departure to Aston Villa.

The club are still reeling from their exit from Europe, following their defeat in Champions League qualifying against Lithuanian side FB Kaunas.

Come on now maineflyer, own up.... you didnt read the article that the original poster provided, did you ???? That exact quote you posted above was from the article in the OP's link.

Come on now maineflyer, own up.... you didnt read the article that the original poster provided, did you ???? That exact quote you posted above was from the article in the OP's link.

Did I read the OP's link - no - should I have? The exact quote I posted came from an unattributed TeamTalk article on my Yahoo homepage. I read it, I posted it. And your point is?

Did I read the OP's link - no - should I have? The exact quote I posted came from an unattributed TeamTalk article on my Yahoo homepage. I read it, I posted it. And your point is?

I was having a joke with you..... you dont have to be overly serious all the time......

That teamtalk article was reproduced from the article that the OP posted.

I was having a joke with you..... you dont have to be overly serious all the time......

That teamtalk article was reproduced from the article that the OP posted.

I realised that and I wasn't being serious. Serious is my day job. This is just fun.