Should Scottish club's be allowed to represent our League in European competition?

The UEFA cup and the Champions League are football competitions for which clubs from Europe's elite football leagues, the top division in each country, earn a place by virtue of their league position or winning the domestic cup.

However, as a long time football fan who has played and watched the game for numerous years, it is clear that the rules that the Scottish Premier League is governed by, whilst closing resembling football are clearly different to that of football as recognised across the rest of the continent. As such should the winners of the SPL and Scottish cup be rewarded with a place in Europe's elite competition which appears to be governed by another set of rules? In which case might the Glasgow Warriors and the Edinburgh Gunners have a case for entry into these competitions? :devil: :sigh::rolleyes:

Don't have a scooby what you'ree on about... :confused:

It was a tongue in cheek post about the fact the Scottish game appears to be governed by different rules to the rest of the continent. I.e the referees remit to help Celtic at any costs, award them imaginary penalties and free-kicks, turn a blind eye to obvious fouls and handballs within their box, hinder their main title challengers where ever possible.

T'was a joke, but nobody bit. :(

It was a tongue in cheek post about the fact the Scottish game appears to be governed by different rules to the rest of the continent. I.e the referees remit to help Celtic at any costs, award them imaginary penalties and free-kicks, turn a blind eye to obvious fouls and handballs within their box, hinder their main title challengers where ever possible.

I thought that was what it was about, but you lost me at the Glasgow Warriors bit. :fish:

I thought that was what it was about, but you lost me at the Glasgow Warriors bit. :fish:

Well the game they play derived fromk Assocation football but is not quite the same.

Was just borne out of frustration from yesterday and the SPL so far thsi season.

I'll defend you mate, thought it was a hoot.:thup: I don't want to be paranoid about C****c decisions, but just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!