by Lindsay Herron

KENNY MILLER will become the first player in over 100 years to cross the great divide twice in Old Firm derbies if he plays for Rangers at Parkhead on Sunday.

Tom Dunbar is the only other player to have achieved this feat and that was back in the late 19th century when Rangers and Celtic were quite chummy rather than fierce rivals.

It could be a daunting prospect but Rangers boss Walter Smith has no doubts that the Scotland striker will handle it all.

He told Rangers World: "I don't think Kenny will be bothered about going back to Parkhead. I'm sure there will be the usual banter between fans, but it is not something that is going to affect him.

"He is an experienced enough player to handle it."

Smith could have a number of new faces in his line-up on Sunday. Pedro Mendes, Kyle Lafferty, Madjid Bougherra plus the returning Steve Davis and Miller are liable to start with the potential of Maurice Edu and young Spaniard Aaron also taking part.

Smith certainly has no qualms about introducing some or all of them to the unique atmosphere.

He said: "Old Firm games can inspire you. If you want to be in football then these are the games you want to be involved in.

"Any player worth his salt would want to play in this game.

"During the match you can't say you enjoy it. If you manage to get a win then you do but if you lose then it's the end of the world, so to speak."

I don't think he deserves to start for us at all never mind in such an important game. Also don't think he should be given the chance to prove himself to the fans in the first Old Firm game of the season. I think a fair few of the other lot will be rubbing their hands with anticipation at Misser coming on the park to rumbles of heckling from the RFC support. They'll all be ready to p*ss their pants at the hilarity of the matter knowing that it might just upset our support even more than they already will be at the site of Misser. Easy situation for them to attempt to exasperate.

I could see the point of giving him a chance at an Old Firm game later in the season *IF* by some freakish miracle he's somehow managed to notch up 10+ goals by then, but now? Nah, no way. If he starts I'll be well and truly annoyed.

I don't think he deserves to start for us at all never mind in such an important game. Also don't think he should be given the chance to prove himself to the fans in the first Old Firm game of the season. I think a fair few of the other lot will be rubbing their hands with anticipation at Misser coming on the park to rumbles of heckling from the RFC support. They'll all be ready to p*ss their pants at the hilarity of the matter knowing that it might just upset our support even more than they already will be at the site of Misser. Easy situation for them to attempt to exasperate.

I could see the point of giving him a chance at an Old Firm game later in the season *IF* by some freakish miracle he's somehow managed to notch up 10+ goals by then, but now? Nah, no way. If he starts I'll be well and truly annoyed.

prepare to be annoyed.

Guest ecosse1

Got to say, I reckon Miller is a stick on cert to start the game. Who knows a goal or two from him could be just the thing to kik stat his new rangers career.

or have I had :onetoomany: