KEVIN THOMSON is hoping he can play the role of lucky mascot tomorrow when Rangers face their oldest rivals at Parkhead.

The midfielder was gutted to miss both meetings between the sides at Celtic Park last season, but sitting out the two defeats has left Thomson with a 100 per cent record from four Old Firm ties.

Thomson grabbed the winner in a 1-0 win over Celtic at Ibrox back in March but was helpless as he watched his side slip to defeat twice in the East end of Glasgow in April.

But he has tasted victory at Parkhead in a light blue shirt when he played his part in a 1-0 victory there in Walter Smith's first Old Firm game after his return to Rangers.

And Thomson now admits he is desperate to continue his record with another victory on Sunday.

He said: "I've got a 100 per cent record and I'm quite happy to put that on the line on Sunday and look forward to it and hopefully after the game I'll be able to say I still have the same record.

"I got a win there in the first season after I joined when big Ugo scored. I don't know how he did it. Someone suggested it was an overhead kick but I'm not quite sure about that.

"The league was dead and buried at that stage, but it opened my eyes to how much it means to the fans and to the players.

"The manager said just last week that, no matter how early they come, matches away to Celtic are a big part of the season. They might not be critical to deciding the league but we don't want to give them a lead.

"If they were to win it would open a three point gap but we can go there with every confidence and hopefully we'll have an advantage come Sunday night."

Made a silly challenge to earn an early booking but had a fine game afterwards.

Always seems to play better after he gets booked.

Always seems to get booked!! His tackling remonds me of Paul Scholes at times - if he can model the rest of his game on the little ginger, I'll be happy though.