Pedro Mendes

Guest dirtybill

Fuck.............!!!!!!!!!, i'm dying to see this game :(

Gers fans had a field day Ian. The only time i heard the tims was after they scored. Even that was can you hear the Rangers sing in answer to us singing Celtic sing before they scored. With 12 minutes to go the tims were leaving big time.:)

Gers fans had a field day Ian. The only time i heard the tims was after they scored. Even that was can you hear the Rangers sing in answer to us singing Celtic sing before they scored. With 12 minutes to go the tims were leaving big time.:)

Aye, all I could here the whole game was the Rangers fans,superb well done lads,the only time I heard the scum was when they were claiming free kicks/fouls :P

What A Feeling

Andrew Dickson reports from Parkhead

PEDRO MENDES heaped praise on Kenny Miller for the way he handled himself on his return to the Old Firm arena as his goals gave Rangers a 4-2 victory at Celtic.

The Scotland striker responded in style to the flak he has received in recent weeks with a memorable double to win the derby for Walter Smith's side.

Mendes was also a scorer and he has secured his place in the hearts of Gers fans for the stunning strike he sent soaring into the net to put the visitors 3-1 up

But he was happy for Miller to take centre stage after his volley and clincher ensured he grabbed the headlines after the first meeting of Scotland's big two this season.

Mendes said: "I knew about the pressure that was on Kenny but I think he showed what a professional he is.

"He is a strong character. To score and play like he did was very good for him and it says a lot."

Mendes is famed for the goal he scored for Portsmouth against Manchester City a two seasons ago - a strike that set Pompey on the road to Premiership survival.

He knows his latest effort was every bit as important to the away fans who travelled to Parkhead and was delighted to open his Rangers account in front of them.

Mendes added: "It is always good to get goals and when you move to a new club, you always want to score as quickly as possible.

"That is the case for midfielders as well as strikers and if you have a chance, you want to net so that you have something to build on.

"Scoring in this game in particular is very special and I can only think of good things from today. It was a fantastic win and a fantastic performance from the team.

"It was a great environment to play in and it just confirmed what people had told me during the week. It was a very good game for us and the result was great too.

"It was disappointing to concede the way we did as we led 1-0 because it was a scrappy goal but we were fantastic after the break.

"We controlled the game, we scored good goals and we passed the ball around the park very well. Overall, it was a very good performance from us."

In winning at Parkhead, Rangers have stormed to the top of the SPL in some style but with just four games gone, Mendes is keen not to get carried away.

The small matter of three more Old Firm games and 31 other league fixtures lie between Gers and a 52nd title and the Portuguese midfielder has urged caution.

He said: "It was a big win for us, especially after the tough start to the season we have had and three away games in our first four.

"This win is massive for us as it gives us confidence, motivation and something to build on.

"We want to keep getting better and we are gelling well at the moment. There is a lot of quality in the side but we still have a long way to go.

"The main thing we take from this win is three points and it means we are top of the league going into our next match.

"We didn't want to be second with seven points and looking up the table at Celtic. Now we've got that boost, we must do everything we can to hold our position."