Selling Carlos Good Business ?

We definitely had enough to beat Kaunas if our players were in the RIGHT FRAME OF MIND. Obviously that wasn't the case and the pressure got to them and the management.

We had a poor preseason after a horrendous fixture list and then it was straight into the matches against a team in the middle of their season. If the qualifiers were now, we'd walk into the CL no bother.

I think the management have to be far better prepared and treat the preseason far more seriously when we have qualifiers. I actually think that the SPL should start BEFORE the qualifiers and then have a few weeks off in February or use the time in Feb to catch up on postponed games from Jan.

Anyway, it's done and given us a wake up call and there is also no way we're going to take our eye off the league or be playing too many games to close out the season.

We should win the league easily this season as we were better than them last season and now we've improved and they haven't. The lack of Euro games should be vastly in our favour.

We need to win this season and then prepare for combining our title defence with a decent CL assault next season.

We'll need to blood some youngsters such as Fleck, Lafferty, Edu and Aaron, get them playing regularly in the first team and then boost the defence with a few signings next summer as it's now our weak point.

The return of the likes of Beasley, Stevie Smith and Naismith will boost the squad and Webster may be back up to speed and back at Ibrox in January - just in time for our annual injury crisis.

Bazza will also be back but I'm starting to kind of dread that. He could upset the balance of a team that look like they are raising themselves up a level.

He's undoubtedly a great player but is he good for the team? Quite a few of us have wondered what we'd be like with someone more creative in the middle and the answer is pretty compelling.

Others to come back are Burke and McCulloch but neither of those two are being missed much at the moment.

Bazza will also be back but I'm starting to kind of dread that. He could upset the balance of a team that look like they are raising themselves up a level.

He's undoubtedly a great player but is he good for the team? Quite a few of us have wondered what we'd be like with someone more creative in the middle and the answer is pretty compelling.

I know what you mean. At the same time though, we wanted to have adequate cover in the midfield so that we didn't rely too heavily on Ferguson. Now that problem's solved it would seem. I think BF's finally got himself some competition for a place in the team and that should be a good thing. I hope it works out that way at least.

Others to come back are Burke and McCulloch but neither of those two are being missed much at the moment.

I think Burke's been injured so much, we've got used to him being out of the picture. With him not having long left on his contract, his days could well be numbered. That would be a real shame for such a gifted player. McCulloch on the other hand ...where do i start? :brick:

Bit worried myself, but as long as he doesn't take a place from Mendes we should be ok. I'm hoping he'll link up well with Mendes, but if he comes back in without stepping up his game & instead goes straight back to standing on the ball trying to dictate the pace of the game (or should I say slow it down to a pace he's personally comfortable with) we might have a problem.

IMO,Barry will raise his game,he'll have to,but with good football players around him i'm sure we will see him back playing to the standard we all know he can produce..............if he can get back in the team ???