gazza

Guest easterhouse64

Okay lets forget it is Gazza. Your son joins a new football team and someone is coming to pick him up. You answer the door and the guy there stinks of drink. So you just ignore that fact and let your son walk away with him.

Gazza is an alcoholic Walter can't control Gazza because his craving for a drink controls him. An alcoholic can't function without a drink. A real alcoholic gets out of bed and has to have a drink just to function. Walter would have to sleep with him to stop him drinking. another symptom is that they drink secretly. Often they have bottles hidden away so they can have a quick swig.

Why do you think Gazza was thrown out of his management job after a number of days? I would imagine his craving for alcohol made him drink before going to work or while he was working.

Gazza has to want to clean up his act himself. Not even Walter can help him.

Here is an extract from Pamela Stephenson's(Billy Connely's wife) story in the Record today.

I see your point and if he was stinking with drink I very much doubt he would be anywhere near kids to start with. I�m sure other professionals working with him would say this to him and stop him from doing his job before he got near the kids door and if not then why not? And as you say not many would let their kids go with him if any and would obviously complain and rightly so.

You've got your views and i've got mine, i think he needs more help that's all just my opinion.

i think he needs more help that's all just my opinion.

Couldn't disagree more.

We all love Gazza but if any of us think that he hasnt had plenty of offers of help then we are in an alternate world.

FFS, even the wife he beat up has tried to help him - sorry but there are many, many people who have extended the hand of help to Gazza and he has, ultimately, not taken any of them.

Unless of course by "needing more help" you mean he needs to help himself because, as Pete says, only Gazza can help Gazza now.

Couldn't disagree more.

We all love Gazza but if any of us think that he hasnt had plenty of offers of help then we are in an alternate world.

FFS, even the wife he beat up has tried to help him - sorry but there are many, many people who have extended the hand of help to Gazza and he has, ultimately, not taken any of them.

Unless of course by "needing more help" you mean he needs to help himself because, as Pete says, only Gazza can help Gazza now.

As I said it's just my opinon m8 surely i can have one on this like you and others have....

Would you want your son in the hands of Gazza as he is at the moment? I wouldn't. Gazza needs to sort himself out and then maybe a few of the options you mentioned will be possible.

Probably not but it might give him some responsability and a reason to avoid the drink and get his life back on track as he is going nowhere just now.

Probably not but it might give him some responsability and a reason to avoid the drink and get his life back on track as he is going nowhere just now.

One could argue he had that opportunity at Barnet when they made him manager. Not sure what happened there though.

I agree with Johnnyk here (is that a first) that he isnt getting the right/ enough help for those he would LISTEN to. Once he has woken up from the right person, its THEN he can help himself.

I think Bobby Robson, Terry Venebles, Sir Awex or possible Walter are a few of the people who could try to speak him round.

I agree with Johnnyk here (is that a first) that he isnt getting the right/ enough help for those he would LISTEN to. Once he has woken up from the right person, its THEN he can help himself.

I think Bobby Robson, Terry Venebles, Sir Awex or possible Walter are a few of the people who could try to speak him round.

You don't think that those type of people havent tried already Gribz ? I would suspect that they HAVE tried but it falls on deaf ears - could be wrong but then so could you as none of us know who has offered help.

I just don't get it - we all want him to get better but we all know what he is like. Even in his playing days he wasn't exactly known as someone who listened to the voice of reason - so why would that change now ?

He was at Sporting Chance, as well as others - so by seeing the devastation first hand (or even just looking at what it did to another footballing great, George Best) and by having PROFESSIONAL counsellors fail to get him to change his ways I just cannot for the life of me see how ANYONE else could, regardless of the relationship he has had with them.

What the fcuk's going on here :eek:;)