WS has already announced that he won't make sweeping changes for this one. Why the hell not? What better chance to showcase Fleck, Aaron, Edu while at the same time time giving a chance for rehabilitation to Burke and Adam for instance? Sod the result - the league is the only competition this season that matters, and while I have a soft spot for the Jags, we should be able to beat them with whatever team we put out.

alex, do you not remember how badly we struggled against Thistle last season in the SC.... with a FULL team ?

It isnt like we have Europe to worry about this year and concerning ourselves with fatigue.

I think there will still be a couple of changes, just not half a team.

Guest metalliger

Smith came out a couple of days ago and said Aaron wasn't match fit yet due to the difference in pre-season training in Spain compared to here. Said he would be fit in a couple of weeks.

would love to see Fleck get a game, but worried because Smiths not exactly known for his blooding of youngsters. Thought when he brought him on in the scottish cup final last year that it was a signal of intent and he was going to get a few more sub appearances this year.

anyone think he'll get a chance this season?

alex, do you not remember how badly we struggled against Thistle last season in the SC.... with a FULL team ?

It isnt like we have Europe to worry about this year and concerning ourselves with fatigue.

I think there will still be a couple of changes, just not half a team.

Yeh, but are you really bothered about the CIS cup? I know we struggled last time out, but I'd much rather see the promising youth we keep hearing about get a runout than win a competition that has nowadays very little kudos. If Arsenal Wenger can do it, then so can we.

Yeh, but are you really bothered about the CIS cup? I know we struggled last time out, but I'd much rather see the promising youth we keep hearing about get a runout than win a competition that has nowadays very little kudos. If Arsenal Wenger can do it, then so can we.

I want Rangers to win every competition we enter, it is as simple as that.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see SOME changes, just not wholesale changes.

I would like to see Aaron, Edu, Fleck getting a game but who else would you have in the team ?

Let's not forget too that this team has only been together for a half dozen games - so it is another opportunity for them to "gel".

I would like to see Aaron, Edu, Fleck getting a game but who else would you have in the team ?

Maybe Jordan McMillan for this game. Chance for Burke (ok know he's had chances but has been injured)

I would agree with McMillan.

Fair point Re Burke - I didn't read your whole original post (sorry) so thought it was about giving youth players a chance.

I wouldn't play Adam though - he won't get near the 1st team in CM so he could only play LM and if you want to see Aaron play it will likely be at LM so would have to choose one fromt he two and Aaron would get my vote, if fit.

But I think that playing Edu and Burke it is like having first team players playing anyway so the only "changes" (not explaining this well) would be Aaron and Jordan McMillan.

All of these changes should still allow us to overcome Thistle.

I think 3 or 4 changes would be fine (but keep 1st teamers on the bench just in case).

Eh?

After all that has happened, does anyone really think that Walter is in the position to risk a weakened team in the early stages of a cup?

If he fields Aaron et al and loses to a lower division team will he actually be more popular???

Doesn't make the slightest bit of sense to me.

As for not blooding youngsters, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure I read that Fleck recently broke the record for the youngest ever player in a SC final. If true then I'm confused.com...

I'm not the biggest fan of Walter but can't believe some of the stuff he gets a hard time about.