Zenit in Uefa Cup Match Fixing Scandal

Dont know if you all have heard about this but i have had several phone calls from my friends regarding this its coming out of Spain apparently and is all over the Net

not sure how much truth is in it but stranger things have happened in Football

Take a look see what you think

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=890723

?????

helped fix the UEFA Cup semi-finals against Bayern and the final against Rangers in favour of the Russian outfit

I watched the first game on telly - Zenit didnae need the Ref's help.

I was at the second game - same story.

I watched the first game on telly - Zenit didnae need the Ref's help.

I was at the second game - same story.

Watched it too and Bayern were well beaten but they did take a scelping over the 2 legs from a lesser club at the time so you never know.

Hmm would be intresting if true, but could you honestly see Rangers heading to Manchester with the large travelling support for a match fixing game. No way, we got beat by the better team on the night, what an occasion 14th May was, but it wasn't our year

Hmm would be intresting if true, but could you honestly see Rangers heading to Manchester with the large travelling support for a match fixing game. No way, we got beat by the better team on the night, what an occasion 14th May was, but it wasn't our year

Could it mean the officials were the people being bribed for the final and not the related clubs , i am sure it will come out in the next few days , and the daily rags will pick up on it.

Smacks of 1993 and Marseille all over again. However, nothing will change the end result. And it seems there is contention over the allegations anyway.

Doesn't really affect us so not that much to comment about.

They won it fair and square. There might have been a couple of dodgy decisions given either way on the night but I can't honestly say we were cheated. Whether or not we should have been playing Bayern instead is another story, but I do find the timing more than a little suspect. When exactly did this story break in Spain - before or after Tuesday's CL game?

Apparently arrests were made in June, but the story hits the headlines as Real Madrid are playing Zenit?. Reminds me of dirty tactics by the French media both times we played Lyon last year.