Zenit in Uefa Cup Match Fixing Scandal

Guest grangers
They won it fair and square. There might have been a couple of dodgy decisions given either way on the night but I can't honestly say we were cheated. Whether or not we should have been playing Bayern instead is another story, but I do find the timing more than a little suspect. When exactly did this story break in Spain - before or after Tuesday's CL game?

Apparently arrests were made in June, but the story hits the headlines as Real Madrid are playing Zenit?. Reminds me of dirty tactics by the French media both times we played Lyon last year.

Was after the game I think mate, at least that's when I seen the stories breaking.

Keep seeing this "they won it fair and square" stuff, well if this is true, which it probably aint, then it was far from fair and square.

What dodgy decisions took place in the final which would have changed the course of the game ? I didnt think there was that much contention in the result.

IIRC the only really dodgy decision was to extend injury time to the point where they scored their 2nd, but I wouldn't have been complaining if we'd equalized instead so... :sigh:

If there is any truth in the story, you've got to feel a bit sorry for Zenit as it's hardly their fault that the Russian mafia was running a betting scam. Then again, if Rangers can be punished for the behavior of the supporters :rolleyes:

Guest grangers
I'm thinking back now, do you not remember that we had a clear penalty turned down ? Came off the guys arm right in front of the ref.

So did they though, Broadfoot off his arm.

It's the semi final 4-0 win against Bayern that all the fuss is about.

What dodgy decisions took place in the final which would have changed the course of the game ? I didnt think there was that much contention in the result.

Wallter Smith made them all.:devil: