New Assembly President

THE Rangers Supporters Assembly is today pleased to announce that Andy Kerr has been elected as President of the Assembly after previously serving four years as Vice President.

The Rangers Supporters Assembly is an independent body representing fans world-wide and as such the President communicates the views of fans to the Club and works with Rangers to ensure consultation with supporters.

The Assembly President attends quarterly board meetings with Rangers Football Club as the fans' representative and is the official spokesperson for the Assembly in the media.

The President also chairs Assembly meetings, ensures office bearers carry out their duties and is responsible for the Assembly's correspondence and overall operation.

Andy is a lifelong Rangers supporter and has been the secretary of Harrogate True Blues Rangers Supporters Club in Yorkshire for ten years.

He has also worked with Rangers FC as a fans' representative over a number of years in his roles as Vice President of the Assembly and as a representative on the Rangers Worldwide Alliance.

He commented, "It is a considerable honour to fulfil the role of President of the Assembly and it fills me with pride to be representing our great fans.

"I have always been a supporter and I could probably count on my fingers the number of games I have missed over the years.

"Rangers has been a part of my life for a long time, so working with the Assembly is a privilege.

"I am looking forward to the challenge and hope that I can help to ensure consultation and communication with all supporters when big decisions are being made about the Club's future."

Don't know the guy but only heard good things about him.

It would be interesting to know his views on the reasons that Templeton resigned though. Does he believe that they are issues as well?

Who elected him mate ?