Should it be Ferguson or Thomson?

IMO it should be....Mendes should only get dropped if he loses form...so the central midfield slot should be between Ferguson and Thomson. Ive never been a big fan of Thomson but he holds the shirt at the moment so Ferguson should have to oust him first.

Ive also been a critic of Ferguson due to his inconsistancy...but i still know if he is on his game then he is top notch!

But WS will play 4 central defenders, with 4 central midfielders and 2 strikers.

As soon as Aaron signed i said throw the kid in...but i bet he wont be touched - i was shot down saying negative Gribz - Yet its october and ive seen more halloween partys than Aaron. - PLAY THE BOY - id love to see him on the left...If we have Mendes and Ferguson pulling the strings with Davis/Novo on the right then we could be awesome

Edited by Gribz

4 central midfielders would work if we had natural width in the full back areas, but currently, we don't have this (even tho Sasa and Kirk have performed brilliantly).

I fear WS will continue to play 4 centre-halfs in defence and 4 central midfield players in midfield with Miller and A.N.Other up front.....

However, if the question is who should play - either Thommo or Fergie, it can only be Fergie - he offers so much more than Thommo especially going forward (Thommo's (lack) of goal scoring record speaks for itself).

Cammy F

4 central midfielders would work if we had natural width in the full back areas, but currently, we don't have this (even tho Sasa and Kirk have performed brilliantly).

I fear WS will continue to play 4 centre-halfs in defence and 4 central midfield players in midfield with Miller and A.N.Other up front.....

However, if the question is who should play - either Thommo or Fergie, it can only be Fergie - he offers so much more than Thommo especially going forward (Thommo's (lack) of goal scoring record speaks for itself).

Cammy F

Sorry Cammy but i didn't see the so much more over the last few seasons. On his game he is a better player, but we normally get better excuses than display's. In a perfect world i would prefer an attacking midfielder to be brought in and Fergie sold to finance it. I will admit it will be interesting to see how he plays with Mendes. Will they form a gruesome twosome or will Fergie smother him as he did to Hemdani ? We will find out shortly.

C'mon pete, smother Hemdani? Can we stop with that nonsense.

Hemdani just isn't/wasn't that good and can't play a forward pass, so you are forced to take it off his toes if you want the ball to go forward.

Also it's not like Hemdani is some junior player in awe of his team mates. He's an international, ex-captain of one of France's biggest teams and seasoned pro himself. If he felt he was being "smothered" by Fergie he should be standing up for himself and doing something about it. Thing is he seemed happy enough for Fergie to take all the creative responsibility from him and cannot use such a tame excuse as you seemed determined to find for him.

Why in denegrating Fergie do fans turn other players into these poor bullied little kids. If they aren't "man enough" to stand up for themselves and perform their own roles they shouldn't be in the game, they should go and find a job in which they can act like men and not little boys. Its frankly embarrassing to do this and no doubt the other players do not want to be thought of in such pathetic terms.

Hemdani just isn't/wasn't that good and can't play a forward pass, so you are forced to take it off his toes if you want the ball to go forward.

Also it's not like Hemdani is some junior player in awe of his team mates. He's an international, ex-captain of one of France's biggest teams and seasoned pro himself. If he felt he was being "smothered" by Fergie he should be standing up for himself and doing something about it. Thing is he seemed happy enough for Fergie to take all the creative responsibility from him and cannot use such a tame excuse as you seemed determined to find for him.

Why in denegrating Fergie do fans turn other players into these poor bullied little kids. If they aren't "man enough" to stand up for themselves and perform their own roles they shouldn't be in the game, they should go and find a job in which they can act like men and not little boys. Its frankly embarrassing to do this and no doubt the other players do not want to be thought of in such pathetic terms.

:notworthy: excellent post...

As for Thommo v Fergie as an attacking threat, Fergie wins hands down - I believe that Thommo has scored 4 goals in his ENTIRE career (3 against the TIMS :flipa:), Fergie, when on his game and played correctly (football players around him) will get you double figures most seasons.

Ferguson like all players will flourish with better players alongside him - Fergie has seen all our best midfield options sold season after season - IMO, Fergie and Pedro will be an exciting pairing - far more exciting that Pedro and Thompson IMO

Cammy F

Hemdani saw what happened when PLG stood up to Fergie. I agree Hemdani was crap last season but if your manager shows from game1 that you are not in his plans and only get 1 game in five then i can imagine your form can slump. hemdani was one of our best players the season before that.

Fergie is a mediocre player. Apart from one season where RDB brought him up a level, he has always been mediocre. If you think the saviour is about to arise then build in a plan 2 to avoid the disappointment.

It should be Mendes and Thommo as 1st picks until one or both lose form then WS should be consider replacing them. If Fergie walks back into the starting XI it's a kick in the balls to both midfielders who have been great for us this season.

Who the fuck is Barry Ferguson anyway? The way he stoats about thinking he's the dogs dangly bits infuriates me.

Fergie, no question.

The thing I always say is how much we miss him when he's not there. I always remember the games when Fergis is rested and it's only then you realise how much he drives the team on - we're like a rudderless ship sometimes!

The first few games of this season are a case in point until David and Mendes came in.

Fergie's best form for Rangers has been when he has been playing along side 'better' players such as your De Boer's, Van Bronckhorst's, Albertz's etc; as opposed to your Malcolm's, Emerson's and your Capucho's. And for that reason, as well as the fact that he's the club captain, Fergie will sail back into the team and when he gets pack to peak fitness, methinks it'll coincide with some of our best play for a while.