Fuck off Walter, I'm sick of being called a bigot

Great piece Barry. I must admit i am one of the old fuddie duddies that prefer it without the swearing and as you can see from the replies it has brought up more discussion than your excellent post. I feel that,that is a shame.

Can i also point out what i believe to be a type fout.

We are these masses of racial oppressors?

I take it you meant Where. Changes the content a bit.

cheers lads. i just dont know what these people think they are fighting at all. are they the ones fighting a great evil? my mate's just back thankfully unscathed from Afghanistan and he thinks he just doing his job; spiers and his ilk think they're fighting a more noble fight, where 'fighting' amounts to sarcastic self indulgent inflammatory pish. it's qutie hard to take.

cammy, i did have an inkling you'd disagree :D i probably disagree with myself on that point. i dont like being consistent ;) just trying to present the best case that could be made before contrasting with what is actually the case. there's some latin term for it. i dont mind the idea of religious schooling in principle, but i dont think it helps the division issue. we're all bigots, though - its true. we're just not the special, superbigots the press'd have us believe.

pete, aye - on the swearing, there's a good case for removing it. i'm not offended by any words, they just have more or less poetry. "bugger" just wouldn't do as a descriptive way of expressing losing �£50, say. the typo's a tad embaressing ;) given their track record, i think the sort of people who take offense at this sort of thing might not be able to look at the context to determine the meaning! "it's a hun admission that his very soul is teinted by sectarianism!".

right, to work.

Edited by bmck