This term is constantly used by The Media and football authorities in Scotland.Does it mean by using this term that the media and football authorities fully accept that Rangers and cltc do conspire together to get as much money out of their fans as possible

The recent away tickets handling charge being an example,how come they both came up with the idea at the same time

jonaich

Both teams work together when their combined presence adds weight to, or in indeed adds to, a given proposition. The joint sponsorship with Carling, and others in recent times, serves as a case in point. I'm sure most fans on both sides would prefer to have a separate sponsor but if we can get bigger/better deals because it's joint then I'm all for it. And I would extend that to other activities such as the ticket handling charges.

Edited by stewarty
missed a word

Well that's where the term originated from the early 20th Century because the clubs would work together to create extra games (even friendlies) to generate revenue.

That has happened right through until the present day so I don't see anything changing markedly any time soon.

Aye,I just resent the money aspect of todays game.The least I remember paying to get in on my own was 17 and a half pence ,remember them.At the same time it was 20p for the pictures compare the difference today.

Edited by carldvelle
spelling

This term is constantly used by The Media and football authorities in Scotland.Does it mean by using this term that the media and football authorities fully accept that Rangers and cltc do conspire together to get as much money out of their fans as possible

The recent away tickets handling charge being an example,how come they both came up with the idea at the same time

jonaich

I don't see that the term has anything to do with whether the clubs do business together (or "conspire" as you put it). It's just a helpful way of referring to the 2 big clubs in Glasgow/Scotland.

I don't see that the term has anything to do with whether the clubs do business together (or "conspire" as you put it). It's just a helpful way of referring to the 2 big clubs in Glasgow/Scotland.

Thats the point im making,because the term is in general use does that mean it is accepted the the OF do work together when it suits them.

thanks for your reply

Edited by carldvelle
repetition