Deal ends Novo's Scotland hopes

Guest Jum Spence

I hope nobody on here is upset that Nacho can't play for Scotland. IMO it's a nonsense that anyone with no bloodline can play for a country under a passport qualification. Otherwise international football is meaningless. Look at Matt Elliott; won 18 caps for us and then said he'd rather walk his dog than support Scotland.

I love Nacho as much as any gers fan but Scotland? No thanks. We should be pressurising Burley to get Boyd back.

It's also strange this gentleman's agreement has taken over a week or so to come to the fore...

Quite convenient, eh?

The agreement has been known about for a while, but questions do have to be asked why it took so long for it to be confirmed.

I hope nobody on here is upset that Nacho can't play for Scotland.

Likewise. I think it's a nonsense too. In my opinion, if you weren't either born or brought up in Scotland, you are NOT Scottish.

IMO it's a nonsense that anyone with no bloodline can play for a country under a passport qualification. Otherwise international football is meaningless. Look at Matt Elliott; won 18 caps for us and then said he'd rather walk his dog than support Scotland.

You just contradicted yourself. Matt Elliot is a perfect example of why the whole 'bloodline' argument is a bucket of fetid pish. Hee Haw Scottish aboot him but because he had a Scottish granny he played for us? Absolute pish in my opinion.

As the 'agreement' stands, if wee Nacho had never even visited Scotland but turned oot to have a Granny who'd been born here then buggered aff to Spain, he'd be more eligible than he is now, having lived here for the vast majority of his adult life and had Scottish family.

As far as I'm concerned, the above shows why the existing 'agreement' is a load of shite.

I'll say it again, born or brought up in a country - fine, you should be eligible.

Otherwise, get tae....

Nae grannies, nae maws, nae deep fried pizza suppers, etc.

And 'bloodline' is a lot of bollox as well, else we could all be playing for Ethiopia.

Likewise. I think it's a nonsense too. In my opinion, if you weren't either born or brought up in Scotland, you are NOT Scottish.

You just contradicted yourself. Matt Elliot is a perfect example of why the whole 'bloodline' argument is a bucket of fetid pish. Hee Haw Scottish aboot him but because he had a Scottish granny he played for us? Absolute pish in my opinion.

As the 'agreement' stands, if wee Nacho had never even visited Scotland but turned oot to have a Granny who'd been born here then buggered aff to Spain, he'd be more eligible than he is now, having lived here for the vast majority of his adult life and had Scottish family.

As far as I'm concerned, the above shows why the existing 'agreement' is a load of shite.

I'll say it again, born or brought up in a country - fine, you should be eligible.

Otherwise, get tae....

Nae grannies, nae maws, nae deep fried pizza suppers, etc.

And 'bloodline' is a lot of bollox as well, else we could all be playing for Ethiopia.

Not sure if I did contradict myself - hate Matt Elliott as much as you.

And I'm not too sure about being brought up in Scot. - is Andrew Driver eligible? Born in England, played all his footy in Scotland?