Boyd's Gesture at his goal...?

I note he seemed to turn to the Main Stand and gesture/laugh at someone sitting there...

Was that someone George Burley or was my TV lying to me...?

:flipa:

He claims it was Lee McCulloch but then why would he do that to him?

Hope burley takes note and begs him to come back. The goal v Thistle and the one on saturday show he doesn't just do 'ordinary ' goals.

Hope burley takes note and begs him to come back. The goal v Thistle and the one on saturday show he doesn't just do 'ordinary ' goals.

I don't see any reason for Burley to beg him to come back. If Boyd makes the decision then he lives with it. Burley and the Scottish national team has to get on with it.

I don't see any reason for Burley to beg him to come back. If Boyd makes the decision then he lives with it. Burley and the Scottish national team has to get on with it.

Agree with that to an extent. It was Boyd's decision to quit and while I sympathised with him, I think it was an over-reaction. His form of late and Burley's mistake in not playing him against Norway would have been enough to guarantee him a place in the next game. And he would have had the whole country on his side.

I'm sure Burley and Boyd are both ruing the events of last month.

Ergo, IMHO, if Burley was a man at all (and as big a committed Scotland fan as he claims to be), then he should be meeting with Boyd and sorting this mess out. That would be the sign of a humble first class manager.

Ergo, IMHO, if Burley was a man at all (and as big a committed Scotland fan as he claims to be), then he should be meeting with Boyd and sorting this mess out. That would be the sign of a humble first class manager.

That works both ways Frankie. Maybe Boyd should be the one going to Burley to sit down and discuss his future.

Hopefully one of them will take the bull by the horns though.......

That works both ways Frankie. Maybe Boyd should be the one going to Burley to sit down and discuss his future.

Hopefully one of them will take the bull by the horns though.......

I don't disagree with that.

Both have it all to gain via the positive PR from being the one to make the first move.