Rangers affiliated football teams.

Just had a look at the thread starting "Davie Cooper tattoos" and saw a guy with a really big tattoo of Bochum(from Germany) and Rangers f.c.

It got me wondering just how many football teams around the world Rangers are closeley associated with.

The Bochum one i never knew about as in Germany i always thought Rangers fans had an affinity with SV Hamburg fans.

So, anyone care to give us a few teams Rangers fans tend to lean towards?

West Brom?

never heard of that. Is that your own team or does it have Rangers conections?

I've heard of the Chelsea one. I think Millwall are too. not sure.

In Holland i heard Feyenoord have some connections to BOTH sides of the old firm. Maybe the poster from Holland on here can enlighten me if that is the case(sorry forget your name).

More on this:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Aston_Villa/Aston_Villa.htm

"The Scottish connection is evident in the clubs early choice of colours, which were initially described as "cardinal red and royal blue stripes" (ie hoops - vertical stripes did not appear until the 1880s). According to Tony Matthews, the dark red represented Hearts and the royal blue, Rangers. In the late 1870s the Scottish lion rampant figured prominently on the shirts."

Villa are my favourite English team, in case you haven't already guessed.

More on this:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Aston_Villa/Aston_Villa.htm

"The Scottish connection is evident in the clubs early choice of colours, which were initially described as "cardinal red and royal blue stripes" (ie hoops - vertical stripes did not appear until the 1880s). According to Tony Matthews, the dark red represented Hearts and the royal blue, Rangers. In the late 1870s the Scottish lion rampant figured prominently on the shirts."

Villa are my favourite English team, in case you haven't already guessed.

Whats the badge look like again?

Not heard about Feynoord but FC Utrecht had a Rangers supporters club at the time Michael Mols played for us. i would also say that if Borrussia Dortmund have Celtic ties then FC Schalke will have Rangers ties as they both hate each other

Do they still own them? Don't see them in the accounts.

According to the AST they do (from their June 2008 Newsletter):

Rangers have owned shares in Arsenal since 1910 (you will be aware of the historic connections between the Clubs and Arsenalâ��s Secretary General / Manager from this early date, George Morrell, was previously employed by Rangers) and these 16 shares are now worth about �£80,000. The Trust has been seeking a comment from Rangers about its intention with these shares. Again we have attached press comment related to this matter.

http://www.arsenaltrust.org/uploaded/newsletters/AST_Newsletter6.doc