I don't think PLG's signings were all that bad. Certainly not as bad as the press made them out to be in the end. I think LeGuen and his staff just ...struggled and as a result the players they brought in did likewise.

Svensson wasn't a 'disaster'. He was just prone to the odd f**k up, although no more than the likes of big Amo at the beginning of the Advocaat era. I still think Sionko was a good player, but his poor fitness and attitude really let him down. Clement was a decent signing, but he was always going to follow PLG out the door. Sebo wasn't worth the money we paid, but I can think of a few strikers we've spent more on over the years and got less in return. Letizi wasn't a poor keeper either. We just all wanted to see McGregor given a chance.

I think it's true that Papac was a panic buy though, but only because the players PLG was trying to offload didn't 'leave' until the last day. I don't even think he'd looked at Papac before signing him tbh. He might have been the least 'spectacular' of the signings, but Sasa's kept his head down, worked his way into the team and stayed there. He's done really well, especially since Walter took over and he deserves his new contract.

Letizi - awful signing.

Sebo - awful signing.

Sionko - could have been decent, never showed it at Rangers.

Svensson - not suited to the Scottish game. Failure at Rangers.

Clement - he was a decent signing I felt - happier to see Thomson at Rangers though.

Papac - the only one that has turned out decent and you know what - even he didnt look that good during PLG's reign - it is only since WS came back that he has shone.

:eek:

Hard to agree with any of that bar the last paragraphon Papac.

Well it's just my opinion. I think we're all a bit too fickle sometimes when it comes to judging players over the course. You don't become a bad player overnight and like I said I don't think the players mentioned were all that bad.

Svensson - Struggled to get to grips with the Scottish game. He was captain of Gothenburg and a Swedish International when we signed him. He came highly recommended by everyone who'd seen him play including former Gers.

Sionko - Czech Republic International before and after we signed him. IMO one of their best players at the Euros. Should have done well at Rangers, but didn't.

Sebo - Slovakian International. Good entertainment value at least :fish:.

Clement - Signed from Lyon (who didn't want to lose him) and impressed both the fans and the media when he wasn't injured.

Letizi - Experienced French keeper, although, so was Barthez ...OK, I'll give you that one :devil:

The key bit is in your assessment of Sionko: "should've done well at Rangers, but didn't".

What matters is what he does in the Royal Blue. All of PLG's signings were universally shite with the excpetion of Clement who was average whilst here and Papac who came good after he left.

Craig sums it up pretty well, if a bit generous with some.