Craig Moore Battles Cancer

COURAGEOUS former Rangers star Craig Moore has vowed to continue his playing career despite being diagnosed with cancer.

The one-time Ibrox captain had a tumour removed from his left testicle on Tuesday and is remaining 'extremely positive' about his condition.

Moore, 32, even turned out for Queensland Roar last weekend after doctors had broken the grim news, and said his football was helping him cope with the crisis.

Craig MooreHe has been ordered to rest for the next two weeks and is under the care of a urologist, who has told him the outlook is good.

Moore, who spent 11 years at Ibrox, said: "I've had a lot of messages and it's been along the lines of: 'You have been a tough player on the field and I'm sure this is just another opponent that you'll overcome'.

'I'm really fortunate. I've got a good circle of friends, not only in Australia but overseas as well.'"

Moore discovered the lump last week and a subsequent ultrasound revealed a growth. He admits to have been walking around in a stunned daze since.

"You hear stories of other people,' he said. 'You always think it's going to be somebody else. It still feels like a bit of a dream. The best way to describe it is that it doesn't feel real.'"

A spokeswoman for Rangers said: "Everybody at Rangers wishes Craig a speedy recovery."