So SA, what exactly does your job entail? Telling players they're better than they are?

BTW, I think you did the right thing in applying. :thup:

Mainly the physical preparation of the players.

Writing training programmes. Weight lifting sessions, field based training sessions. Speed and agility training. Performance testing. Maybe nutrition and sports psychology although they may very well have experts, particularly in the latter. As a rough guide anyway. :thup:

Been in contact with a few sports clubs in my area (moved back home earlier this month as lease on my falt was up). Watford and Reading didn't even acknowledge my emails :(

London Irish and Wasps RFCs have responded to me today. Also emailed MK Dons and will try a few others.

None of them are officially looking at the minute, but I started off with mainly voluntary work with Falkirk before getting a few regular hours each week.

The voluntary stuff grates on you after a while, but with moving to a new area gonna have to do something like this to make new contacts and keep myself in the induustry. Will look better on my cv applying for FT positions if I can show i've still been doing relevant work (even voluntary) in the interim.

Voluntary work can work if you manage to talk to the right people and get on with them. If not then, as you said SA it can be a huge ball buster.

Aye I didn't mind doing it at first, while I was still at uni and had little to no experience working within elite sport. Having now gotten a bit of paid work working with Falkirk and the SRU will be irk me having to give up my time for free. But then if it helps my chances of getting paid work with one of these clubs it's worth it I guess.