Celtic are advertising for a sports scientist/strength and conditioning coach to work in their academy. The job description does not look to be particularly demanding; a sports science or related degree and practical experience in football desired.

I spent 4 years at Glasgow University gaining a BSc (Hons) degree in Physiology and Sports Science. I also undertook various work experience opportunities with smaller football clubs (Aberdeen, Q.o.S) and in various other sports.

I then went to Edinburgh Uni and gained a MSc in Strength and Conditioning and was employed via Stirling University to work as a Strength and Conditioning Coach in Falkirk FC's academy last year and into this season. I also recently began work with the SRU in a similar role although had to give them up moving home :(

It's a competitive field and I've had rejections for similar roles, however why couldn't it be Rangers looking!

Dunno mate.

Always said if I'd been good enough to play for them and they offered me a contract i'd knock it back. If Celtic would sign you, at the very worst so would a Dundee United or a Hearts.

But the field i'm in is very competitive, there's fuck all jobs about and of course there's a recession on.

Perhaps I need to grow up and not be so "childish". Do a Kenny McDowall :D

I'll apply for it anyway and not worry about whether or not i'll take it now. As I might be worrying about nothing, might not even get an interview. God i' immature though eh?

If you want to be professional you have to do your job to the best of your ability no matter who your employer is. A wee sleeping tablet in the spaghetti on OF day's would be great though.:devil:

If the money is good then go for it. What difference does it make who you work for? Money is money. I wouldn't any hesitation accepting a job with Celtic.

You work for the Police that's the next worst thing.:flipa::D

If the money is good then go for it. What difference does it make who you work for? Money is money. I wouldn't any hesitation accepting a job with Celtic.

:thup:

True mate. Being a bit presumptuous (sp) that I'll just get the job anyway.

Have to go into work every day with full Rangers kit on underneath my clothes :D