Premier League Predictions

You wont see many days in the season when the top 6 dont win. Bit of a freak day really. Man U will be kicking themselves after the others played first, but Villa are getting better and better.

Liverpool finally got what they deserved - a 0-0 with one of the poorer teams.

Going by yesterdays results il back Wigan and West Ham today

Did you watch the Liverpool game? They were pretty poor in the 1st half but 2nd were much better and could and possibly have scored at least 2 but for some really solid defending/blocking and saves.

Chelsea will not believe they didnt win that game, I only remember Newcastle having 1 shot on target and Given again proves he's one of the best keepers in the country.

Not sure about Manu, they made good chances yes but I thought it was a pretty even game and as you Villa re just getting better and better.......were also denied a penalty towards the end, even one of the pundits/commentators said he bottled it as it was a penalty and a sending off. Angabahor looks some player!

Arsenal, first half was dire tbh but a well taken goal and there was only one team in it in the 2nd half. SWP, Benjani and Robhino in particular were ripping them to shreads and could have easily scored more. YET, post match, Wenger says, I thought the scoreline flattered them. Well he was the only one from the commentators to the pundits, there was even a look of suprise from Hughes when he was told of this and also a hint of a smile. Sure at least two of them said Wenger was just being ungratious in defeat.....hard to disagree.

Your next predictions are hard to understand as Sunderland can play some great stuff and the Hammers dont seem to have really got off under Zola yet, both similar recently, Sun are DWLLLD and your Hammers LLLDLD. I think Wigan v Everton will be hard to call, Wigan only on a recunt run of LLLWDD while Everton are LDWWWD so I'd be opting for Everton.

Everthing is so hard to call though, I do think Newcastle and Spurs will now stay up, apart from WBA I haven't a clue who the other two would be.

West Ham are in free fall at the moment and I do fear for us. But we arent playing back football which is concerning aswell in a way. What happens when we start to play bad!!!! We outplayed Hull, Everton and Portsmouth yet only picked up 1 point from 3 games.

But maybe this good play will also click and start to win games.

West Ham arent a sacking club but if Zola doesnt start to win games id punt him. He was a risk and untried at management - never mind the Premier League.

Quite looking forward to Spurs v Blackburn today - 2 sides i dont like much but its 19th v 18th so a lot to play for.

Jon, if the "penalty" in the Man U game you are talking about is when Vidic tackled Agbonlahor on the near side of the penalty area then it was NEVER a penalty. Vidic was pulling him back but that was outside the box. When he made the challenge he got the ball cleanly.

Jon, if the "penalty" in the Man U game you are talking about is when Vidic tackled Agbonlahor on the near side of the penalty area then it was NEVER a penalty. Vidic was pulling him back but that was outside the box. When he made the challenge he got the ball cleanly.

Havent seen it yet, highlights on soon. BUt they were speaking about it on talksport a lot earlier and they all said it was a Pen

Havent seen it yet, highlights on soon. BUt they were speaking about it on talksport a lot earlier and they all said it was a Pen

Nah it was outside the box when the foul took place Gribz. You'll see that soon. Villa should definitely have been awarded something though. The ref just played on.

That was the initial foul Anboglahor when his shirt was being pulled was outside yes, so then a freekick should have been given. Since it was not, the pulling continued and then contact was made inside the box, stright red and a penalty. I along with the pundits must be wrong though ;) I honestly do believe it was an penalty to save any arguments though

Arsenal, first half was dire tbh but a well taken goal and there was only one team in it in the 2nd half. SWP, Benjani and Robhino in particular were ripping them to shreads and could have easily scored more. YET, post match, Wenger says, I thought the scoreline flattered them. Well he was the only one from the commentators to the pundits, there was even a look of suprise from Hughes when he was told of this and also a hint of a smile. Sure at least two of them said Wenger was just being ungratious in defeat.....hard to disagree.

Without running the risk of repeating myself, of course Wenger is going to say that, he's defeding the team he manages, defending his poor team selection, which, privately he'll know was gash and defending his tactics. Do you HONESTLY think he's going to come out and attack his own team?

Nope!!

Everyone knows Arsenal were pish, including AW.

That was the initial foul Anboglahor when his shirt was being pulled was outside yes, so then a freekick should have been given. Since it was not, the pulling continued and then contact was made inside the box, stright red and a penalty. I along with the pundits must be wrong though ;) I honestly do believe it was an penalty to save any arguments though

What ?

The initial contact was made OUTSIDE the box so it is a free kick. The fact that the free kick wasnt given and Vidic continued to commit the SAME foul doesnt make it a penalty. It wasnt a case of two different fouls, it was the same foul.

Whether it was a red or not could be debated too. Could have been but likewise he was quite wide of goal from what I recall.

Either way it certainly was NO penalty, in my opinion of course.

I also agree with Gav - Wenger has to defend his players. In fact, he would be a shitty manager if he came out and said that his team were pish and should have been pumped by more. Given there is low morale in the team right now it would be suicide to then say they are mince ! It is very important to show solidarity in public - but you can bet that Wenger let the players have it in the dressing room after the game.

The contact was pushing him to the ground or pulling him to the ground in the second instance of the foul so again a red and a penalty. He may have been wide but he WAS running towards the goal, not straight to the byline, he cut in side well, was having his jersey pulled something rotten which went unpunished, he was then pulled to the ground....

I don't see Wenger defending Gallas btw ;)