Rangers Fan Survey - Official from club

My understanding is that they don't. I believe that they ended up loaning the cash to RYD, but Satty etc are not directors of RYD, but he is a director of Rangers development Fund.

RYD is a wholly owned subsidiary of the club and as such nobody otehr than the club owns the youth players, depsite the many misleading articles and statements around the time of when it was all set up.

I hope you are right in this Bluedell as that is the only acceptable situation regarding our youth academy.

I hope you are right in this Bluedell as that is the only acceptable situation regarding our youth academy.

From a company persepective, I am correct as I've investigated it, and I also understand that a Rangers director expressed surprise at a meeting that the common perception was that our youths were owned by third parties.

If it was as it had been portrayed then the corporate set-up would be totally different, and there would also require to be further disclosure in the accounts of RYD, of which there isn't. The RYD accounts show interest free loans, and transactions with the club.

It all sounding like some creative accounting exercise to me...

It all appears fairly straightforward. Four (?) guys gave RYD interest free loans. RYD incur expenses and charge Rangers.

Where the confusion arises is due to the statements that were made at the time of the loans which suggests that Rangers didn't own RYD, RYD owned the youth players, and could sell them to the highest bidder and guys like Satty would make a turn. This seems not to be the case, and during the year to June 2006, all player registrations within RYD disappeared up to the club itself.

Guest carmylebear

real bad timing and with things likely to get worse, with money etc., they mind not find it so easy to sell season tickets for next season never mind asking for more money.

You have explained it very well Bluedell, thanks.

I am glad that this has been set up in this way, and well done to those who gave interest free loans to help out with it. However the club should not have to beg and borrow to invest in youth development, it should be a major part of our investment in the football side of operations, and if we have to make do with a 25 man squad instead of 26 to pay for it, then so be it, the rewards should more than compensate.

If only our manager had a little more faith in them to give them a chance, we might be happy to see the fruits of the system.